Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Phone with computer stops working

Hi, we have a Cisco IP Phone 7942 connected to our CCManager (system version 7.1.5.32900-2), that works fine, but when we connected the phone to the laptop it stops working. We have more phones connected to others laptops and they work fine, so we donĀ“t know what can cause this.

Any help?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Hi there,

I assume you're connecting the laptop PC port on the phone, and once that happens the phone and the laptop both do not have access to the network.  Do you have switchport port security configured on your access switch?

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

I believe that the problem is the following: You have a Phone that it behaves as its CSS is configured (in this case it is allowed to perform. Internal+Local+national+InternationalCalls.

The problem is when you connect the PC the phone on the PC port, the phone only can perform internal calls.

Really strange, it is like as soon as you connect the pc the user changes his CSS to only internal.

First time I have seen it.

Thank you in advance

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: