Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Phones & Avaya One X

Rgaines
Level 1
Level 1

Good Afternoon All,

My company utilizes both the Cisco and Avaya phones. Our admissions department currently has their Cisco phones forwarded to the Avaya One-X softphones (due to interdepartmental usage of the physical phones) . They are able to receive calls as normal as long as the numbers are transferred directly or called directly. Before the transition they were all part of a hunt group. Dial the number and all of the Cisco phones ring to them. . . but the issue that I'm having now is that. . .I had to remove all of the Cisco phones and now If I call that hunt group although their numbers are forwarded. . .it doesn't ring in the Avaya One X softphone. Is there something I need to do in the Cisco Unified CM Administration? Please advise. The Cisco phone models are the 7940 series.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's working as designed, forward settings are ignored when the call arrives via a hunt group. If the phones are on other phone system, you can use SNR to have them ring.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hey Jaime. . .thanks for the reply bro. . . but that's the thing. . .If I call the number associated with the hunt group. . .no one gets the call. It never reaches to them via the Avaya One X. . .it just rings and eventually goes busy. I'm trying to figure out how to get it so that it rings on all of the softphones like it would had they still been on the Cisco phones.

Instead of forwarding, Use single Number reach. Configure AVAYA soft phone  extensions as the Remote destinations. 

Refer below configuration  guide.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/200447-Single-Number-Reach-Feature-for-Cisco-Un.html

Response Signature

Thanks Nithin. . .I'll definitely give it a shot and let you know how it works out.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: