Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Contributor

Cisco IP Phones Missing Ringtones on Individual Line Selection

Hello All,

CallManager: 8.6(2)
IP Phones: 7961, 7962 and 7941

I uploaded a new Ringtone to the CallManager TFTP server as well as updated the "Ringlist.xml" file. I then restarted the CallManager TFTP server and reset a couple of test IP Phones, one 7962G and one 7941G.

After I reset the phones and checked: Settings > User Preferences > Rings > Default Ring... I can now see the Ring I uploaded and can select it as the Default Ringtone. However, I wanted to set this Ringtone as the ringer for one of my secondary lines on both IP Phones. But, when I navigate to Rings and select one of the secondary lines I only get a list that looks like:

1) Ring 1
2) Ring 2
3) Ring 3
7) Ring 7

Any idea why I am not getting the same list of Ringtones on individual line selection as opposed to setting the "Default" Ringtone...?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in Advance,
Matt

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Contributor

I think I may have found the answer... Maybe someone could confirm if this is correct or not?

I just found this file on the TFTP Server called DistinctiveRingList.xml... This file contains a list of 7 ringtones just like the individual line Ringtone selection shows.

DistinctiveRingList.xml

<CiscoIPPhoneRingList>
	<Ring>
		<DisplayName>Ring 1</DisplayName>
		<FileName>Ring1.raw</FileName>
	</Ring>
	<Ring>
		<DisplayName>Ring 2</DisplayName>
		<FileName>Ring2.raw</FileName>
	</Ring>
	<Ring>
		<DisplayName>Ring 3</DisplayName>
		<FileName>Ring3.raw</FileName>
	</Ring>
	<Ring>
		<DisplayName>Ring 4</DisplayName>
		<FileName>Ring4.raw</FileName>
	</Ring>
	<Ring>
		<DisplayName>Ring 5</DisplayName>
		<FileName>Ring5.raw</FileName>
	</Ring>
	<Ring>
		<DisplayName>Ring 6</DisplayName>
		<FileName>Ring6.raw</FileName>
	</Ring>
	<Ring>
		<DisplayName>Ring 7</DisplayName>
		<FileName>Ring7.raw</FileName>
	</Ring>
</CiscoIPPhoneRingList>

If this is the correct file, any reason why you would need 2 separate files, one for Default Ringtone Selection and another for individual line selection?

Thanks Again,
Matt

Highlighted

Correct, some similar threads:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11982681/do-ringlist-and-distinctiveringlist-both-need-be-updated

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11114531/distinctiveringlistxml-and-ringlistxml

Highlighted

Ok cool, thanks Chris!

-Matt