Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Telephony design

techguy
Level 4
Level 4

HI,

I have 4 sites (CME) connected to (each other via dial peers) and connected to one main site (via dial-peer) where i have 12 FXO ports. For outbound call if any site dials 9 it selestc main site dial-peer and gets out from that main site. For incoming call, is it possible to dial a number and callers gets a tone and dial any site extension number ?. Or any other suggestion to reach the other sites by dialing 4 digit extension. (Please be informed that i dont have nm-cue or any other ivr till now). thanks

10 Replies 10

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can use B-ACD/AA ot the simple script "2.0" to enter an extension.

You can find more info about searching cisco.com, or this forum.

dkirk
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, just build dial peers that include the four digits, ex. For all 4000 ext's at site B. You might use 4**. I use H323, and for ip server, point to the ip address of site B. On site B, create the inbound dial peer that accepts the 4**.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

dkirk@clearcable.ca wrote:

Yes, just build dial peers that include the four digits, ex. For all 4000 ext's at site B. You might use 4**. I use H323, and for ip server, point to the ip address of site B. On site B, create the inbound dial peer that accepts the 4**.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

OP has inter-site dialing working already.

OP wants the ability to reach any extension when dialing into an FXO port. That is not the same as above.

when i call the one of the fxo port (03-3625060). I can hear lilttle ring and sudden busy dial tone. Follwing is the port config

voice-port 0/2/3

trunk-group NATIONAL

description *** NATIONAL LINE ***

Depending on config and IOS you can receive busy or dialtone when dialing into FXO port.

But straight dialtone is dangerous because they can dial anywhare and then you pay bill or consequences.

So you must do as I've indicated to you above already.

thnaks for you concern. But i dont know how to configure "B-ACD/AA of the simple script "2.0" to enter an extension". Second this is what we need to dial any of the site connect to that main site.

As indicated above, you must read the relevant documentation to learn about these features, how to configure and iuse them.

i have 12 fxo ports, is it posibble that i can allocate each voice port for every site (or dial-peer). so that we can give all branch one specific line to call inbound and outbound. As of now, i dont have any husting line at any site.

Thanks

Yes, just configure connection plar with the destination you want.

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.

i already did that but then i came to know that there is call attendant/reception to pick those calls intended for that site.