cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming App

Jacob Webb
Level 1
Level 1

I just built a new 10.5 cluster.  In this cluster I have a publisher and a single subscriber.  If I use the CM Group that has only the publisher, or at least the publisher first, the annunciator and software conference bridge register fine.  If I change them to the CM Group where the subscriber is listed first then they remain unregistered.  I have checked and both servers are running the Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming App service.

This is the same configuration I am using on my 8.6.2 clusters, which are working.

5 Replies 5

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can try restarting the IPVMSA service on the subscriber first. If the media resources are still unregistered you can collect the detailed IPVMSA traces and they can be looked at for any errors related to these media resources. 

HTH

Manish

I have tried restarting the service and have even gone as far as to reboot the whole server.  No luck. 

How do I get the detailed traces?

You need to check the trace debug level from Cisco Unified serviceability > Trace configuration and collect it from RTMT after a restart of IPVMSA service

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/10124-cm-trace.html

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish,

Okay, so I have logged into the subscriber CM and I see the annunciators are registered there.  However, when I log back into the publisher, it still shows Unregistered.  Looks like I am having Db sync issues.  I'm going to open a TAC case.   Thanks for your help.

I just found another post with the same problem and they reset the Cisco RIS Data Collector service to fix the problem.  This worked for me too.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: