Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISR 4331 - No Gatekeeper command

davidme
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

Have bought a couple of ISR4331's to replace some EOL 2800 series routers. We have found some quirks or changes in standard voice commands for E1 interfaces but we have not been able to find a Gatekeeper command anywhere. Does anyone know how we can access this level of commands?

Cheers

Dave

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

The 44xx series routers don't have gatekeeper functionality. I found that out the hard way too :-(

It's buried in some docs on cisco.com somewhere.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

can you please post show license feature command from the router.

Gatekeeper(gatekeeper) feature license can be enabled only when have uck9  technology package license enabled.

Br,

Nadeem

PS: Please rate all useful post.

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

Hi Nadeem,

I will check tomorrow morning for this. We did purchase the router with the following licenses:

SL-4330-UC-K9 - Unified Communication License for Cisco ISR 4330 Series

I'm guessing I need to activate this before I will get the commands. WIll update and let you know.

Cheers

Dave

alright just keep me posted let see how it goes.

Br,

Nadeem

Hi,

UC license is enabled:

Index 2 Feature: uck9
        Period left: Life time
        License Type: Permanent
        License State: Active, In Use
        License Count: Non-Counted
        License Priority: Medium

bootflash:/isr4300-universalk9.03.13.02.S.154-3.S2-ext.SPA

Technology Package License Information:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Technology    Technology-package           Technology-package
              Current       Type           Next reboot
------------------------------------------------------------------
appx             None             None             None
uc               uck9             Permanent        uck9
security         None             None             None
ipbase           ipbasek9         Permanent        ipbasek9

I still can't get to the gatekeeper commands. Any ideas?

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

Was a reload of the router done after installing the license file

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/sw_activation/SA_on_ISR.html#pgfId-1097551

Manish

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

The UCk9 license was installed on the router when we got it so we have rebooted multiple times. I don't need to run through a license activation again do I? Is it an IOS issue? I'm struggling to find any supporting documentation.

Regards

Dave

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

The 44xx series routers don't have gatekeeper functionality. I found that out the hard way too :-(

It's buried in some docs on cisco.com somewhere.

GTG

Hi Gordon,

Ouch! That could be a painful and expensive issue. Is that across all ISR4000 routers or just the 44xx series? (clutching at straws).

Cheers

Dave

I think it's the entire range. I found this out when I looked for the commands on my 4321.

GTG

Thanks Gordon,

I don't suppose you know where that documentation lies? I need to inform the customer and put a plan into action....

Cheers

Dave

I was just doing a quick google and couldn't find the document that says that, sorry.

GTG

Thanks Gordon for pointing that out [+5] , just checked the IOS Gatekeeper guide and found the following

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/gatekeeper-multimedia-conference-manager/data_sheet_c78_561921.html

Feature Availability

The Cisco IOS H323 Gatekeeper is built on Cisco IOS Software and runs on the following platforms:

• Cisco 3900 Series platforms (Cisco 3925 and 3945 platforms)

• Cisco 2900 Series Integrated Services Routers (Cisco 2901, 2911, 2921, and 2951 platforms)

Older versions of the functionality are also available on the following routers;

• Cisco 3800 Series Integrated Services Routers (Cisco 3825 and 3845 Integrated Services Routers)

• Cisco 2800 Series Integrated Services Routers (Cisco 2801, 2811, 2821, and 2851 Integrated Services Routers)

• Cisco AS5400XM and AS5350XM Universal Gateways

• Cisco 7301 Router

• Cisco 7200VXR Series Routers

• Cisco 2600 Series Multiservice Platforms (Cisco 2610XM , 2611XM, 2620XM, 2621XM, 2650XM, and 2651XM Multiservice Routers and the Cisco 2691 Multiservice Platform)

• Cisco 3700 Series Multiservice Access Routers (Cisco 3725 and 3745 Multiservice Access Routers)

Looking at the 4000 series datasheet and config guides as well does not show any gatekeeper reference.

It would be a good idea though to engage your Cisco Account team and see if this is on the roadmap.

Manish

The problem with many of these docs on Cisco.com, is that Cisco don't go back and update them when new products are launched. So you can't always be 100% sure the document is true.

e.g. The datasheets for some of the 4000 series modules don't list the 43XX as supported devices. Yet the 4321 does list the module as supported. This is because the modules came out before the 43XX series existed and no-one thought to complete the loop and update the module docs when the 43xx series came out.

GTG

Thanks Gordon (+5) for cracking this oen, even i was under the impression but when checking internally feature tool yes ISR4331 not supported with this feature(Gatekeeper). Yes i understand the document needs to be updated .

Br,

Nadeem Ahmed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: