Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber for Windows in Extend and Connect mode and making outbound calls

noobatron
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I've set up Cisco Jabber for Windows to use Extend and Connect to control a remote PBX endpoint. I've configured the required CTI-RD device, remote destinations, associated the users to the line and added the devices to end-user controlled device. The extend and connect part is working flawlessly without any issues. I'm able to receive inbound calls on the remote PBX endpoint and control the call (hold, resume, transfer etc.) using the Jabber call window that pops up.

However, I'm unable to make any outbound calls via the Jabber client when in extend and Connect mode. Reading the Extend and Connect guide, I need to configure Dial Via Office (DVO) Reverse. So when the user initiates a Dial-Via-Office reverse call, CUCM calls and connect to the Extend and Connect device (CTI-RD). CUCM then calls and connects to the number the user dialled and finally connects the two call legs.

After attempting to configure DVO-R for Jabber for Windows in Extend and Connect mode following the CUCM feature services guide, i'm unable to get any outbound calls working. From RTMT, i am receiving the following Termination Cause Code: (27) Destination out of order. What i also notice is that there is no calling number for that trace either. I would've thought that the calling party would've been the Enterprise Feature Access (EFA) number.

Has anyone got this working or can provide some guidance?

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

mcaldogne
Level 3
Level 3

Hi!

Did you solve this issue in the meantime? I have the same problem with DVO-R.

Regards,

Mirko

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: