cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber Phone Mode Only with Windows 7 and 8

cl1325
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Jabber for Windows in Phone Mode only...

Need to know if this is supported on version CUCM 8.6 ?

We do not want to use or integrate CUPS or Cisco Presence.

This is a premis based cluster owned and hosted at the customer site.

Looked all over the website and cannot find the answer.

Can a link be provided so I can show my client... I told them this is not possible and they are getting mixed info from others and I can't prove this right or wrong.

Help!

4 Replies 4

It is

Please advice

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-23292

Please Kudos/rate if this help!

Please Kudos/rate if this help!

Not sure how the link is related to Jabber as Phone, and I am unsure of official support as last time I checked it was still under beta (use at your own risk) but it does work. In fact I have it working fine with CUCM 8.5.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Jose- this seems to relate to Iphone, I'm not looking to use Iphone, only Jabber client on workstations in Phone-Mode Only with CUCM version 8.6, not using Presence or CUPS server.

Thanks Chris- I still need something in writing from Cisco documents showing support or non support. Apperciate your time and response as now I know it can possibly work with 8.6

If you are a partner you should open a case with PDI helpdesk, if you are a customer contact TAC for confirmation.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: