Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber with pre-populated username on Windows 7/10

jasonsandery
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

My company is looking for a way to pre-populate the username on the windows client for our users.

Is there a key, file or any other method that we could use to pre-populate the username so it is stored or entered for the user when the first launch Jabber?

Thanks in advance!

11 Replies 11

lsaadeh
Level 1
Level 1
I also have the same question +1 following!

How are you discovering services? Are you using SRV records? Jabber should utilize the UPN to populate the username when doing so.

Please remember to rate useful posts, click on the stars below.

Thanks for your reply, we are operating in phone only mode and have customize the install to populate the settings we need. Would you know if its possible to do the same for the username?

@lsaadeh wrote:

Thanks for your reply, we are operating in phone only mode and have customize the install to populate the settings we need. Would you know if its possible to do the same for the username?

Customizing the install with msi or the jabber.xml?

With the msi

please share the msi changes for review

Msiexec.exe /i CiscoJabberSetup.msi /quiet CLEAR=1 AUTHENTICATOR=CUCM PRODUCT_MODE=Phone_Mode EXCLUDED_SERVICES=WEBEX,CUCM,CUP UPN_DISCOVERY_ENABLED=FALSE TFTP=********************* CLICK2X=DISABLE CTI=*********************

@lsaadeh wrote:

Msiexec.exe /i CiscoJabberSetup.msi /quiet CLEAR=1 AUTHENTICATOR=CUCM PRODUCT_MODE=Phone_Mode EXCLUDED_SERVICES=WEBEX,CUCM,CUP UPN_DISCOVERY_ENABLED=FALSE TFTP=********************* CLICK2X=DISABLE CTI=*********************

The problem is in the MSI. At the very least remove UPN_DISCOVERY_ENABLED=FALSE

But you don't need PRODUCT_MODE=Phone_Mode EXCLUDED_SERVICES=WEBEX,CUCM,CUP, control the Phone mode only through the UC Services. Build a service profile without those services and associate the users with it. I would also do everything in a service profile.

Here is my msi for our Jabber installs.

msiexec.exe /i CiscoJabberSetup.msi  CLEAR=1CLICK2X=DISABLE

Thanks Jonathan for replying, however the service profile and other things come into play once the cisco jabber for Windows send the registration to CUCM or knows the way to reach the CUCM, then it can pull the information from Service profile and get register as desired.

However in our company we do not have any records for service discovery. That is the reason we are using the custom installer with all those parameters. I believe we tried with UPN_DISCOVERY_ENABLED=TRUE as well but did not make any difference.

Next step for us is to try to install Jabber without this option as the default value is TRUE for this parameter

@gukhaira wrote:

Thanks Jonathan for replying, however the service profile and other things come into play once the cisco jabber for Windows send the registration to CUCM or knows the way to reach the CUCM, then it can pull the information from Service profile and get register as desired.

However in our company we do not have any records for service discovery. That is the reason we are using the custom installer with all those parameters. I believe we tried with UPN_DISCOVERY_ENABLED=TRUE as well but did not make any difference.

Next step for us is to try to install Jabber without this option as the default value is TRUE for this parameter

Fair enough, then like you mentioned remove the UPN statement.

Let us know how you make out.

Aseem Anand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Jabber has UPN discovery enabled by default and hence can get the userid prepopulated from the windows login considering the voice domain and the domain to which the workstation is connected are same, it should work automatically.

Refer to the link below:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/10_5/CJAB_BK_D6497E98_00_deployment-installation-guide-ciscojabber/install_client.html

Regards,

Aseem Anand

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: