cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Key Expansion Module supports CUCME?

kidatsuda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all!

We have Cisco IP phones model: 8961 with Key Expansion Module.

Phones powered by POE may therefore Key Expansion Module not working (If i buy 48V DC, 5W per KEM power adapter maybe its working).

We have CUCME but in documentation :

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/unified-ip-color-key-expansion-module/data_sheet_c78-565427.html

Call-control compatibility :

Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.1(3) and later; Cisco Unified Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST) 7.1 (Cisco IOS® Software Release 12.4(24)T) and later

Its mean CUCME is not supported for Key Expansion Module???

Anybody know about CUCME and Key Expansion Module for 8961?

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

upgrade to ios 

System image file is "flash:c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M8.bin"

and you will get CME 8.6

2921#sh telephony-service 
CONFIG (Version=8.6)
=====================
Version 8.6

View solution in original post

Stefan Walter
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I remember that 8961 with Key Expansion Module is only supported in version 9.X and later in cme.

Please rate

Thanks,

Stefan

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Tagir Temirgaliyev
Spotlight
Spotlight

what is your router? can you upgrade ios to latest?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11586586/latest-supported-ios-cisco-2811

latest ios for 2811

Before the IOS 15.x?

12.4T(24)

Alessio

Cisco IOS Software, C2900 Software (C2900-UNIVERSALK9_NPE-M), Version 15.3(3)M, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

upgrade to ios 

System image file is "flash:c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M8.bin"

and you will get CME 8.6

2921#sh telephony-service 
CONFIG (Version=8.6)
=====================
Version 8.6

Does your network switch support 802.3AT power over Ethernet?   If not you will require external power for the key expansion module.  Please see the link below.  I gleamed this from the link

Power Requirements

If the Cisco Unified IP Color Key Expansion Module is connected to a Cisco Unified IP Phone that uses 802.3AT power, a local power supply is not required. If the phone uses 802.3AF power, you must connect a power cube to it for it to supply power for all connected key expansion modules. If the phone is already locally powered by a power cube, no additional power cube is required when installing the key expansion module to it.
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/unified-ip-color-key-expansion-module/data_sheet_c78-565427.html

Stefan Walter
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I remember that 8961 with Key Expansion Module is only supported in version 9.X and later in cme.

Please rate

Thanks,

Stefan

Thanks for your answers guys!

show telephony-service
CONFIG (Version=10.0)
=====================
Version 10.0

I  buy power adapter and if Key Module not working with module second step try upgrade ios