Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco mobile 8.0 iphone

Network Pro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have installed cisco mobile 8.0 on my iphone and when i try to join to the call manager over wireless (using tftp address and id i created on call manager), i am unable to join the call manager. i have included the tftp ip address on the dhcp of the wireless subnet

am i doing anything wrong here?

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you configure the TNT device on CUCM?

Chris

i configured the device (iphone) as mobile communicator on cucm...cant remember what exactly was that option. if it is a mobile device do i need to any specific settings on communicator (for example, if it is a iphone device then you add in mac address but for mobile you just add the user id, isnt it ?)

Mobile Communicator is a different device, you need to configure it as Dual Mode for iPhone.  Here is a very gpood deployment guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps7290/ps7271/deployment_guide_c07-641141.html

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

thanks for this chris. where do i download the cop file from ? and once i download hte cop file, is it simple as adding to device ? (will go through the link in afew min)

There is a link on the document to the .cop file, you only require it for CUCM version which does not already include this device type.

After you install the cop file just follow this document on how to add/configure and associate this device.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

sorry pretty new to CUCM. we are running version 8.6 i cant seem to find software upgrades however i can see install/download files under bulk administration. is this where i upload the cop file. i managed to downloadn the cop file from cisco website. and once i do this do i need to restart the tomcat service ?

Hi,

1) How to upload cop file

Answer :-

a. From the Navigation list box in the top-right corner of the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration portal, select Cisco Unified OS Administration, then select Go.

b. Select Software Upgrades > Install/Upgrade.

c. Specify the location of the COP file and provide the required information.

For more information, see the online help.

d. Select Next.

e. Select the device COP file.

f. Select Next.

g. Follow the instructions on the screen.

h. Select Next.

Wait for the process to be completed. This process may take some time.

i. Reboot Cisco Unified Communications Manager at a time of low usage.

j. Restart the Cisco Tomcat service on the Cisco Unified Communications Manager server.

This step is required for the device icon to display properly on the  device list page in Cisco Unified Communications Manager. This step  clears the Tomcat image cache.

Enter the following command from the CLI:

utils service restart Cisco Tomcat

k. Let the system fully return to service.

Step 4 Install  the COP file on each Subscriber server in the cluster. Use the same  process you used for the Publisher, including rebooting the server.

2) do i need to restart the tomcat service

Answer :- you need to restart all the servers in cluster and also restart tomcat sevcice.

Regards

Ronak patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

thanks will update and let you know how it went