Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Network Based Recording for Conference Call

Sam V. Xavier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are trying to move towards network based recording (Gateway XMF). The recording works for a normal call between Cisco phone and external caller but as soon as there is a conference call there is silence in the recording. Has anyone faced this issue?

Below is the call flow: - 

Mobile -- SIP --CUBE -- SIP --CUCM --Phone 1 -- conference -- phone 2

CUCM version 11.5

AQM for call recording

The above set up works if we do network based recording based on phone (BIB).

Would appreciate any help or guidance.

Let me know if any information is required.

Regards,

Sam

5 Replies 5

jason-mcgee
Level 3
Level 3

Sam,

Based upon your call path listed and according to the WFO-QM 11.5 Design Guide on page 60 one of the cons listed for gateway recording is:

"Agent-to-agent calls are not recorded".

Since you are calling from one phone internally to another for the conference it does not appear that it will be recorded.

I am not sure that helps you though. I have been working primarily on AQM for the last 4 months though and I know information is hard to come by when it comes to AQM, so if there is anything else I can help you with regarding AQM, please let me know.

Jason

Thanks Jason, 

The customer call is still via CUBE thus that part should be recorded? I was under the impression all traffic via CUBE would get recorded. I did raise a TAC case, been a week still no solution. I guess they've reached out to BU.

Interestingly if we enable BIB the entire call is recorded, but of course as soon as conference is initiated media is then forked from phone instead of CUBE.

We are looking at trunk side recording as we had a major issue with network based recording forked via phone/Jabber. Whenever a conference is initiated there are packets missing which is not acceptable. Apparently this is working as designed as there would be media tear down for conference set up as well as breakdown. 

Regards,

Sam Xavier 

Sam,

I am in the process of rebuilding my test environment this week, but I will try your scenario and see if I can make it work. Not sure if you have heard back from TAC, but part of the problem there is that TAC forwards the case to Calabrio and let's them resolve it. Since Finesse is the route forward, Cisco seems to have moved away from Calabrio, so I imagine it will get a bit more difficult to get AQM serviced properly, or at least that's the word on the street. 

Jason

Hi Jason,

The word on the street seems to be exactly what I am experiencing. Went full circle - Calabrio-CUCM-CUBE-UCCX and now back to Calabrio.

I did some further read on the WFO design guide and network based recording forked from CUBE will not work for conference calls (unless we all missed some hidden parameter or config) although it does mention gateway recording to support all scenarios: -

“For Gateway Recording, the agent on the call is unknown at the time of the call. The call is not recorded from the agent’s point of view, but it is recorded from the caller’s point of view. This means a single recording can include the caller’s interactions with InteractiveVoiceResponse(IVR), Self Service Portals, conversation with multiple agents as the call is transferred to different agents, and cases where the call is conferenced. Everything that an external caller would hear is recorded and reviewed at a later time to determine how well a customer is able to navigate the various technologies.”

The challenge is, for gateway recording we need to rebuild AQM with SIPREC, Recorder and reconciliation servers. Install guide provides no information regarding this.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks,

Sam

Hi Sam,

We are facing issues with conference calls. Did you resolve this by rebuilding the Calabrio applications? Please advise.