Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco PCD tool - migrate selected servers only

Bobby Villegas
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

Trying to use the PCD tool to migrate CUCM 8.6 to CUCM 10.5. Can the PCD tool support the selections of CUCM servers or is all or nothing? I am trying to migrate only 6 CUCM servers out of 9. Can that be accomplished with the PCD tool?

Thanks

BV

10 Replies 10

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi BV,

Once u discover the cluster,you won't  be able to do that since the existing cluster is discovered but you can check the option of not selecting the some servers while Assign Destination Cluster Nodes while Define Migration Destination Cluster.

regds,

aman

Aman,

Thank you for responding. You are correct. Once I assigned the node to their respective ESXi hosts I was able to come back and only select the servers I needed. Needless to say, the migration failed on the first step, exporting the old CUCM Pub information. I current have a Cisco TAC case opened and waiting their call back.

Thanks

Bobby

thanks for confirming.

any error message u get while exporting old PUB info.

regds,

aman

Aman,

Last night I worked with Cisco TAC and it appears that a cop file was needed, .

ciscocm.3-keys.cop.sgn.

I loaded the file on all servers migrating, but it still failed. So far they believe its the ISO md5 checksum that is not correct. They had me download another 10.5 iso and try again. I have actually started the migration about 10 minutes ago.

BV

AFAIK the new keys are not required, you're not upgrading the server, you're, for all purposes, doing a fresh install of 10.5, which does not require that.

Most likely is like you mention, a corrupt image.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jaime,

The migration task is still running. So far so good. We will see here in the next hour if I have issues.

The migration was successful with the CUCM Pub once I used the a clean image file. Now I am having issues with the subscribers.

The subscribers installs were failing; ended up being an issue with the NTP clock on the CUCM PUB and the NTP clock on the ESXI server where the CUCM Pub resides. The clocks seem to be off. I found this Cisco BUG - https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCur94973/?referring_site=bugquickviewclick

I finally match the CUCM PUB and ESXI server on the same NTP servers. The subscribers installed with no issues.

Thanks Guys!!!!

BV

thanks for updates [+5].

which iso image u are referring as corrupt?

regds,

aman

Aman,

Its the "Bootable_UCSInstall_UCOS_10.5.2.11900-3" /  I thinks it 10.5(2)SU1. My original one was corrupted.

BV

thanks for updates.

[+5] to Jaime.

regds,

aman