cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco phone 8851 not connecting to cucm over MRA

svadmin
Level 1
Level 1

I have gotten a new cisco phone  8851 that I am trying to register over MRA.  

Phone version is  sip88xx.12-0-1-11  ( this version is on the phone only and not call manager servers

expressway E is on version  X8.7.3 and it has CA

Jabber works great on the cellphones and PC, 

CUCM version 10.5

I am following the article https://ciscocollab.wordpress.com/2015/05/26/collab-edge-mra-for-78008800dx-series-endpoints/

But I am not getting the screen that I can enter the domain, username and password.

The phone is stuck at the "phone is registering" screen.  I entered the TFTP manually and the domain in the setting, but still not getting prompt.

Any help will be appreciated.

2 Replies 2

svadmin
Level 1
Level 1

The article states that I need to have a Public root CA, how can I identify if expressway E has it or not ?

Also, I am trying to upload the new firmware to call manger, but the only file I see in cisco cite to download is cmterm-88xx-sip.12-1-1SR1-4.k3.cop.sgn,   Does anyone know if this is the right file ?  if not where is the correct file please ?

Also which of these files do I need to upload to CUCM to upgrade the firmware on the 8851 cisco phone

11-19-2018 5-47-18 PM.png

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: