Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO Phone Registration Rejected

I am trying to debug self provisioning, so I am using the same phone to auto register multiple times.   I have two phone setup.  They auto register, then I run self provisioining and then I need to start over.  So I go into devices and delete the device so that it can auto register again.   This one phone, gets the "Phone Registration Rejected error" and it has re-registered several times before, but is now stuck in this condition.  This is on a BE6KS a self contained CUCM cluster on a 2921 router.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you're using the same user/DN, how many devices did you configure to allow self-registration before preventing the user from registering another device.??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

The same user DN to auto register?    So there are two steps; first the phone uses the auto registration function (which is configured and working with a 100+ range of numbers) to obtain a device registration.  Then the user presses the self provisioning button on the phone to talk to that IVR application.      I have no trouble deleting the device and starting over with several other phones 7941 but this one 7970 phone will not re-register.   The SEPMAC has been deleted from the registered devices like all the others.   I even factory reset the phone.  No Joy.

All this to trouble shoot a self-provisioning problem in which the fields defined in the device line template do not show up after the phone is provioned.  The phone gets the new user ID and Extension number, but the User Name as defined in the template do not show up.   Thus why I keep deleting the phone and tying again after making template changes.

5  - but the phone would have to register first, before you can auto provision triggering this parameter.   If you delete the device the phone should reregister.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: