cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco phones on Alcatel IP-PABX

satini007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a customer who want to use existing Cisco phones on an Alcatel IP-PABX. In order to use these Cisco IP phones on, they would need to be converted to SIP mode. I have the phone models and the current firmware attached. Can you confirm if the current firmware is ready to support SIP mode or does the customer need to download the Cisco SIP firmware for each handset? Thank you

6 Replies 6

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

cisco would  not support this setup,  but if you want to put SIP loads on exiting phones, you would need to use TFTP by means of option 150, so you would need to host a tftp server with the alcatel required loads on them. Personally I wouldnt even go there, you will never be able to run the phones to the max of their capabilities

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
@Dennis Mink is right. Cisco ain't going to help.
The only thing I can recommend is to get the new phones and make sure the phones are loaded with 3PCC/MPP firmware. That will be the only way for Cisco phones to join non-Cisco call manager solution.

Thanks for the replies. looks like it;s a tough call to do this...

It can be done.
But you'll need to pay someone to do it.
But for 3 phones, is the client willing to part money with it or buy something new?

it's a few hundred phones actually. i thought an upgrade of firmware to SIP for models that support it would be good enough?

The phones are 79XX and they don't support 3PCC/MPP firmware.