Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco PLAR on CUCM 8

Joe Carey
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Would someone be kind enough to tell me how many PLAR's are support on CUCM 8.

I am currently running CUCM 8.0.3 and a C2851 ISR as my gateway.

Many thanks

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's no hard limit, the only limit is HDD space since all that creates entries in the DB

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you for that info Java,

Is there a limit on the amout of dial-peers you can have on the gateway? obviously there will be some limit for pots as it will require timeslots on E1 and T1 cards or FXO/FXS cards.

Thanks,

Joe

Solution #K34857008
TitleHow to determine the maximum number  of dial-peers that can be configured on a router
Resolution

The dial-peer options are  available based on how much memory is available.

As an example, assume each dial-peer consumes 6k of  memory, and that the router does not accept new dial-peers at the 80  percent threshold of memory allocation. This formula calculates the  available dial-peer options:

(Free Memory * 0.8)/6k =  maximum theoretical number of configurable dial-peers

This number represents the upper limit.

These points must also be considered:

• Check the real amount of free  RAM. Consider the real size of the decompressed Cisco IOS® and any  additional memory already used.

• For each platform, it is necessary to calculate  the real quantity of memory consumed by each dial-peer.

Caution: More dial-peers can  adversely affect the performance of the router.

Issue the show  memory command in order to determine the amount of memory  that is used.

http://topic.cisco.com/taccc/voice_K34857008.html

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: