Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime License Manaer pwd recovery

kiranoddiraju
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

We recently installed CUCM 11.0 on a BE6000 (C220) server. As the password requirement have changed from previous versions we had to set a new password during the installation other than the one we documented. Now the person who installed it has forgotten the passwords. to make thing even more complicated he used Cisco Prime Collaboration Provisioning tool for deployment and changed the ip address of the CUCM post installation. We somehow recovered the web and security passwords for CUCM and CUE and managed to login thru web and ssh. Now since then when I login to CUCM I get an error saying:

The system has not synchronized successfully with Cisco Prime License Manager for 33 days. If successful synchronization does not occur within the next 27 days, you will no longer be able to provision users and devices.

Now I can't login to Cisco Prime License manager with any of the recovered/reset passwords. How do I recover the login & password for the Cisco PLM?

Please help.

Many thanks,

Kiran

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kiran,

From CUCM CLI you can use the following command

admin:license management reset user password

For OS and security password you can follow the steps given in the PLM user guide

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/plm/10_5_1/userguide/CPLM_BK_UD1156AD_00_user-guide-rel-1051/CPLM_BK_UD1156AD_00_user-guide-rel-1051_chapter_011.html#CUCM_TK_R43D9206_00

Manish

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kiran,

From CUCM CLI you can use the following command

admin:license management reset user password

For OS and security password you can follow the steps given in the PLM user guide

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/plm/10_5_1/userguide/CPLM_BK_UD1156AD_00_user-guide-rel-1051/CPLM_BK_UD1156AD_00_user-guide-rel-1051_chapter_011.html#CUCM_TK_R43D9206_00

Manish

Thank you very much Manish for the prompt response. That has worked although the server is now saying we are running on Demo license.

Hi Kiran,

You need to generate licenses as it is running on Demo period [60 days]. the same can be done by logging into PLM---licenses---llicense Fulfilment --other Fulfilment options--Generate License request.

copy the contents and paste in notepad .Share this fiel with licensing@cisco.com along with Sales Order number to get perpetual license file .

regds,

aman

Log into the platform CLI with the OS administration credentials and use the license management list users command to view the username to use for signing into the Cisco Prime License Manager application. If you are not sure what the password is for this username, you can use the license management change user password command to change this password.

Hi Manish,

Please.. I can't find this command admin:license management reset user password

I found just : 

admin:license management
license management list*
license management set*
license management show*

admin:license management

Could you please help on that.

Best Regards,

mohammad saeed
Level 5
Level 5

When I tried to recover Prime lic manager from CUC gave me this message:

Unable to change password for admin:

User does not exist in the system.

The administrator account password change failed.
admin:Password has not been entered for operation. Required.

Executed command unsuccessfully
No valid command entered

why?

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: