cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RDN showing Internal DN

Jacob190000
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I've done extensive research on this topic, and have not yet found a solution that works for me. I have a SIP Trunk in CUCM connected to our CUBE, which is connected to AT&T for PSTN. We are having problems forwarding internal numbers to external numbers, as the carrier requires the Redirecting Number tag to show the called number in E.164 format. Instead, what is showing as the RDN is our internal 7 digit number. 

Things I have done:

Checked redirecting diversion header delivery - Outbound

Selected redirecting party tranformation CSS, which contains a Calling Party Transformation that converts 7 digit to 10. 

Unchecked use device pool redirecting party Transformation CSS.

Call Flow for Clarification IP Phone <--> CUCM <-->CUBE (4431 ISR) <-->PSTN (SIP Trunk)

5 Replies 5

tgaur
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi,

try changing the calling party selection for the outbound calls to last redirecting in the trunk from CCM to cube. also add the EPNM is correct on the redirecting line.

regards

@tgaur wrote:

hi,

try changing the calling party selection for the outbound calls to last redirecting in the trunk from CCM to cube. also add the EPNM is correct on the redirecting line.

regards

Thanks for the reply. I do know that is an option, but we are needing to send the original calling number, not the forwarding number. This is so that users' know who is really calling when they receive the call on their cell phone, etc. 

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
If you’re preference is to keep this config within CUCM, I believe you need a CALLED Party Transformation Pattern.

Alternatively, you could perform this on CUBE with a voice translation rule/profile.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/call-routing-dial-plans/64020-number-voice-translation-profiles.html

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
1) Use VOice translation rule in CUBE Router to change the Redirection Number.

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris

Jacob190000
Level 1
Level 1

UPDATE: I am still having the same issue in CUCM, so we have instead been doing this on the CUBE as suggested in both comments above. This however is getting more and more difficult to maintain, as we have over 20,000 DID's and many different patterns to add. I have a ticket open with TAC and will update if/when we find a solution.