cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Service Provider Wi-Fi - PPPoE Feature Support

John Huthmaker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have a bunch of brand new 8821 phones.  After pulling them out of the box and manually adding a Wi-Fi profile, they now have the Wifi and Admin screens greyed out.  They have not yet communicated with a Callmanager, so they would not have been told to lock themselves down.  How do I unlock these two screens without doing a full factory reset?  I'm thinking they have a CTL file that came from the factory (Seen that on allot of newer model cisco phones) that is preventing them from registering to our CallManager.  But I cant delete the CTL without getting to my Admin Settings.

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi John,

I saw a TAC SR with a similar query a few months ago where the engineer concluded that the 8821's don't have the unlock key sequence unlike the 7925's. The option to enable/disable Wifi /Admin settings is available via the CUCM admin page , by default it is enabled.

Manish

@Manish Gogna wrote:

Hi John,

I saw a TAC SR with a similar query a few months ago where the engineer concluded that the 8821's don't have the unlock key sequence unlike the 7925's. The option to enable/disable Wifi /Admin settings is available via the CUCM admin page , by default it is enabled.

Manish

And don't forget that the official Cisco method to factory-reset the 8821 is incorrect. 

This method is INCORRECT.This method is INCORRECT.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers