cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Service Provider Wi-Fi - PPPoE Feature Support

John Huthmaker
Level 4
Level 4

I have a bunch of brand new 8821 phones.  After pulling them out of the box and manually adding a Wi-Fi profile, they now have the Wifi and Admin screens greyed out.  They have not yet communicated with a Callmanager, so they would not have been told to lock themselves down.  How do I unlock these two screens without doing a full factory reset?  I'm thinking they have a CTL file that came from the factory (Seen that on allot of newer model cisco phones) that is preventing them from registering to our CallManager.  But I cant delete the CTL without getting to my Admin Settings.

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi John,

I saw a TAC SR with a similar query a few months ago where the engineer concluded that the 8821's don't have the unlock key sequence unlike the 7925's. The option to enable/disable Wifi /Admin settings is available via the CUCM admin page , by default it is enabled.

Manish

@Manish Gogna wrote:

Hi John,

I saw a TAC SR with a similar query a few months ago where the engineer concluded that the 8821's don't have the unlock key sequence unlike the 7925's. The option to enable/disable Wifi /Admin settings is available via the CUCM admin page , by default it is enabled.

Manish

And don't forget that the official Cisco method to factory-reset the 8821 is incorrect. 

This method is INCORRECT.This method is INCORRECT.