Helpful
Replies

Cisco SIP DID integration help

slaam2013
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts

I need your help for the below issue as you can:-

I have Cisco unified call manage v8.5 , and Cisco voice gateway 2925 with SIP integration and i have DIDs from my SP which i integrated with it bu SIP and all work perfect. I have Ericsson PBX and connect to my gateway with 3 X E1  , here is my questions:-

1- I need to assign some DIDs from SIP integration with SP to my phones for Ericsson?.how can i do that.

2-Based on above , the best solution to do routing between Ericsson and CUCM  through my gateway is MGCP or what?.

For example

i have 4000 to 4999 DID number from SP , i need to divide these DID between CUCM and Ericsson. Which configuration will be required on my gateway?.

Based on that which configuration should be done to do integration between CUCM and Ericsson , i have 3 X E1?.

Thanks

7 Replies 7

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There are many ways to Rome,

I am assuming that your Ericson does SIP, so create a dial peer on your gateway that point to your ericsson for a certain destination pattern:

dialpeer 2 voip

description Ericsson PBX

destination-pattern 4[1-3]..

session-target ipv4:

session-protocol sip

also make sure on your ericsson that the phones in the 4000-4999 range that are registered on CUCM are callable as well,  by means of a pattern that points back to your gateway (or by means of a SIP trunk to CUCM).

Alternatively, you could also build a trunk between cucm and ericsson. 

-----provider-(SIP)----GW---CUCM------trunk----Ericson

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi

Thanks for help , i need your help for the below:-

1-What do you mean by check on ericsson , phones in the 4000-4999 range that are registered on CUCM are callable as well?.They are extensions which registered on Ericsson system and other on CUCM

2-What do you mean by trunk?.I need to make two different ways , 1st way to enable half of DIDs for Ericsson using SIP integration(for incoming calls from outside numbers " , secondly trunk (MGCP or H323 which prefer?.)between CUCM and Ericsson for calls between each other  . Your help is highly apperciated.

I hope also to get your configuration steps for  -----provider-(SIP)----GW---CUCM------trunk----Ericson. It will be as the below ?.

1- Call hits G.W.

2-Go to CUCM.

3-Go to RP which will be for example 4000 to 4300 which are be the range for Ericsson .On RL will be E1 Trunk which will be between CUCM and Ericsson.

Thanks

Hello Experts

i need help please. Your help for me is highly apperciated.

Thanks

Hello all

any idea , please . your help for me is highly apperciated.

thanks

Hi All

Can anyone help , i will be so apperciated?.How can i do the below :-

provider-(SIP)----GW---CUCM------trunk----Ericson

Provider -SIP---GW---CUCM

|

Ericsson

Thanks

Is the physical router which connects to your Service Provider the same physical router which has the 3xE1's to your Ericsson PBX?

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Kamel, please read my comments based on your response:

Hi

Thanks for help , i need your help for the below:-

1-What do you mean by check on ericsson , phones in the 4000-4999 range that are registered on CUCM are callable as well?.They are extensions which registered on Ericsson system and other on CUCM

I was referring to the internal dial plan

2-What do you mean by trunk?.I need to make two different ways , 1st way to enable half of DIDs for Ericsson using SIP integration(for incoming calls from outside numbers " , secondly trunk (MGCP or H323 which prefer?.)between CUCM and Ericsson for calls between each other  . Your help is highly apperciated.

I hope also to get your configuration steps for  -----provider-(SIP)----GW---CUCM------trunk----Ericson. It will be as the below ?.

1- Call hits G.W.

2-Go to CUCM.

3-Go to RP which will be for example 4000 to 4300 which are be the range for Ericsson .On RL will be E1 Trunk which will be between CUCM and Ericsson.     CUCM is NOT a traditional PBX in the same sense as the Ericsson is, therefore it has no E1 cards; IT WILL ONLY DO IP NATIVELY, therefore I would choose to use the following setup:

-----SIP Provider------GW-----------(4000-4300)-SIP TRUNK-----CUCM

|

|--------------(4400-4900)-SIP TRUNK----Ericson

that is provided your ericson, supports a SIP trunk.  This means that your CUCM sends all PSTN call and ALL calls in the 4400-4900 range to the GW. The gateway then send all calls out to the sip provider if its a PSTN call, or out to the ericsson, if its an internal call for a phone on the ericsson PBX (using a dial peer).

Thanks