Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SIP IP Phone 8851/8841: delay in dialing

ysanadiga01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I've a Cisco CUCM version 11.x with Cisco SIP IP Phone devices 8851 and 8841. When I call internally (4 digits) from one SIP phone to another phone, there's always a delay of 4 or 5 seconds exactly. There's no overlapping numberplan (checked via DNA). 

Anybody know why this is happening and how to solve it. 

Thanks. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can enable urgent priority under your DNs using bulk administration. this will resolve your problem.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Hi,

Are the phones and CUCM in the same LAN?

Also, under DN config check the option 'urgent priority' and see if it fixes the problem. If so, then you are indeed having overlapping patterns

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What's the T302 timer set to in your environment??

If it matches the same delay you're seeing, most likely you do have some overlapping going on.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

The timer is set to 4 seconds which is equal to delay. 

How I can check for overlapping? I have checked the route patterns and I have created route patterns for various kinds of calls like international, national, mobile and so on. 

Thanks. 

Look at your route plan report, and since you mentioned that you checked route patterns (and don't mention anything else), I need to clarify that your dial plan is comprised of EVERYTHING you have configured in CUCM, ANY DN or pattern.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm attaching the Route Plan Report. I hope you can find something from it. (I've omitted the Description field from it).

Regards.

Your DNs are overlapping with a route pattern XXXX#. If you don't need it then you can remove this pattern

Hi Mohammed,

Thanks for your reply. Actually I do need that Pattern. I will try to think how I can solve this issue.

Regards.

You can enable urgent priority under your DNs using bulk administration. this will resolve your problem.

Hi Mohammed,

I have already done that as a workaround. I was thinking if I can solve without enabling Urgent Priority of deleting the Pattern.

Thanks.

cbg_inst1
Level 1
Level 1

what ws the solution?

Catumbila Gonçalves
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: