cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SIP phone description not changing : CUCME

jaheshkhan
Level 4
Level 4

One of our client want to change one of the SIP phone description and name that registered to CUCME.

I changed the name in DN and description in the pool configuration.

no create profile and then create profile

reset command on phone. but phone never changed the phone details. 

why it is so? do i need to factory reset the phone? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jaheshkhan
Level 4
Level 4

we did factory reset of the IP phone 7821...
but after factory reset and when phone got restarted it stucked on welcome screen with message "Enter activation code or server"
Then when we checked we found phone received ip address from dhcp properly but not tftp 150 option.

then we entered tftp server manually and phone got the configuration properly and name displayed properly..

It looks there is bug in firmware. we will update firmware later..

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Are you referring label on DN ? if its label for  DN use label command on DN.

Example

voice register dn 15
number 120
name LAILA AL MAHROOQI
label Laila

to check the name change, make a call and see if it display the new name or not. 

Response Signature

we already tried this .... but no change in name when make calls. also on the phone still not changing...

i dont know why..

Unplug the phone and plug it back. may be the phone dint restarted  from the CLI. or you can also  try the reset fro settings.

one more thing, did u checked if the new configurations file is available with the updated informations. u can use more command to see the cnf file. 

Response Signature

phone is getting restarted from CLI. Also we unpluged the plugged it pabck . but result is same.

can you mention the command to see the cnf file?

do we need to factory reset the phone?

jaheshkhan
Level 4
Level 4

we did factory reset of the IP phone 7821...
but after factory reset and when phone got restarted it stucked on welcome screen with message "Enter activation code or server"
Then when we checked we found phone received ip address from dhcp properly but not tftp 150 option.

then we entered tftp server manually and phone got the configuration properly and name displayed properly..

It looks there is bug in firmware. we will update firmware later..

if your phone is not getting TFTP IP, you need to check the DHCP configurations.

make sure that the phone is getting the voice vlan not the data vlan

Response Signature

Thanks for you response.
I checked that in DHCP. ip phone getting the ip from same voice network IP. option 150 not accepting for some reason.
option 150 is also available in dhcp pool.