Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SPA112 2 port phone Adapter

Tazio4436
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have been task to configure a Cisco SPA112 which will be connected to a Uniden Dect 6.0 cordless phone.

There is a user whose cellphone does not work inside the building and he keeps on moving form his seat.

They want him to have a cordless phone.

I have couple of questions and doubts

(1)Can the SPA112 connected to the uniden cordless phone have same ext as the phone for the user let say 111. If some one calls 111 can both phone rings at the same time?

(2)I am reading the documents for SPA112 and it seems that it works with analog line only. Is this true?

(3)Then if this works with analog line only then I think I need to configure it as paging so that anyone can dial the paging number and the phone will ring? am i right ?

(4)lastly if this is not the correct option what other solution I can use so that the user can get his call where ever he is in the building

Thanks in advance

Tazio

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not going to work.  

The cell phone cannot "connect" to the DECT phone (and vice versa). 

The only way is to give this person another cordless phone.  

Hello Leo,

Thanks for your reply.

Maybe I did not frame my question properly.

The cellphone is not working , so we forget about the cellphone. That is why we want to give him a cordless phone.

He already have a Cisco phone in his office with his ext but he is not there permanently.

What i did i have connected the SPA112 to the other port on the Cisco phone and the cordless Uniden phone is connected to the Uniden Dect 6.0.

Surprisingly it is working but now he has 2 extension. One for the Cisco phone and second one is the Uniden Dect 6.0.

If you call the ext for the Cisco phone it just rings on the cisco phone.If you call the ext for the SPA112 it rings on the uniden cordeless phone.

You can make internal call with ext only and any outgoing calls from the Cordless phone.

Now i a just wondering if there is a way to have both phone with same extension.

Thanks

Tazio

@Tazio4436 wrote:

Now i a just wondering if there is a way to have both phone with same extension.

IF the phone and the ATA is in the same ring group, both phones will ring when someone calls either extension.  Is this what you need to do?

Yes I will try this
Thanks
Tazio
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: