Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCM Interop with Microsoft Teams

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

Hello everyone, hope all is well !!!

I have MS Teams and Cisco UCM and Cisco UCCE in my environment. I have users requesting if there is a way for Teams to call a Cisco desk phone extension and vice versa, and also if Cisco UCCE agents can take calls using Teams. Has anyone been through this scenario ? I am running CUCM 10.5 and UCCE 10.5

Thanks in advance !!! I very much appreciate any inputs / suggestions !!!

Danny

8 Replies 8

stevenlandon
Level 1
Level 1

You can setup a SIP trunk between your envirnment and MS Teams using their direct routing. That will allow you to send calls to MS Teams.

You can receive UCCE calls via this link as well using mobile agent.

There are caveats but generally, the answer is yes.

Hi Steve,

Thanks Steve !!! I appreciate your response !!!

Do you have any document you can share ?

Thanks !!!

Danny

Thanks Steve !!! very much appreciate your help !!!

I am running CUCM 10.5 hope it will work.

Thanks !!!

Danny

Direct routing works with other MS approved SBC and not just audio codes. This include oracle SBC.

Here is the official documentation on direct routing..

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/direct-routing-plan

Please rate all useful posts

If I remember correctly Cisco CUBE is expected to become approved for Direct Routing.  Again from memory I believe the context for that approval is for PSTN access, and not necessarily extended to routing between CUCM and Teams.

Hey Tony,

That will be the day! I will be utterly shocked if MS approves CUBE...Direct routing is also provides PSTN access. The idea is that your SBC will connect to your ITSP for PSTN connectivity and MS applications will use it for accessing PSTN

Please rate all useful posts

yes, the "approval coming soon" feels a lot like "Half-Life 3 is in development"

sounds great but i just dont believe it anymore.