Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCS Servers on UC

happyatuni
Level 1
Level 1

Dear NetPro gurus,

One of my customers would like to migrate / upgrade their existing UC applications (like CUCM, CUC & UCCX) onto Cisco UCS Servers.

They are just curious that is there any difference on the hardware in terms of "numbers of VM can be hosted" on each UCS Server?

For instance, I know that for a UCS C200-M2 server, each C200-M2 can host 4 x UCS Application at onice.  But what if my customer gets a C250-M2, can it hosts more than 4 x UC VM per server?

If the C250-M2 can still only host 4 x UCS application, why would people go for this instead for a C200-M2?

Would greatly appreciated if anyone can shed some light on this.

Cheers,

Hunt                  

3 Replies 3

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi

You can have as many VM you want, but you have to keep in ming that you do not oversubscribe the hardware.

For example if you have 2 quad core hardware, you can create 8 VM with reqirement of 1 Core each or 4 VM with reqirement of 2 core each. Same thing is for other hardware, do not oversubscribe and you are good to go.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Rate helpful posts.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Hi Ronak,

I see.  In that case, how many Core does C250-M2 has?

Cheers,

Hunt

HI

Following link shows you the hardware of the server. It comes with

• 1 or 2 Intel Xeon Series 5500 or 5600 processors

• Choice of processors: Intel Xeon X5690, X5680, X5675, X5670, X5650, E5649, E5640, or E5620

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/ps10265/ps10493/data_sheet_c78-587525.html

Regards

Ronak Patel

Please rate helpful posts by clicking stars below the answer.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.