Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified Attendant Console Business Ed - Licensing Issues

Hi All,

I am running Cisco Unified Attendant Console Business Edition 9.0.1.10 for one my customer. I have requested the 60 days evaluation license yesterday and applied onto the server. That process was without any problems.

During the request process, I had to input in the "Server Registration Code". All went great yesterday.

This morning, the client now gave me the License Activation Code (LAC) that was bought for the Attendant Console License. I went to activated purhcased software and input in the "Server Registration Code" and as well as the 27 digits LAC that I got from the client.

A license file was generated and email to me by Cisco. But when I load that license file that is in *.rgf format, I get the following message:

"Invalid serial number or registration code. Please re-enter the details and try again."

I can assure you that the same correct "Server Registration Code" was used.

What should I do? Please advise.

Warm regards,

J. Kabundi.                  

4 Replies 4

budmiller
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm having the same exact issue with one of our customers as well.  I had actually applied the .rgf file for the activation a few months ago and this week I got a call from the customer saying that the webadmin page was showing Evaluation Expired.  I tried to upload the same file that I had used previously and got the same error.  I went through the activation process again making sure to enter the correct LAC and Server Registration Code and was sent another file.  I got the same error when trying to upload that one as well.

If anyone has any solution for this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bud Miller.

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7

I'm not very experienced with CUEAC but we had some licensing issues when the version 9 of the product, not sure if those have been resolved by now.

So to be sure, your trial 60 days for CUEAC expired and now the license file will not be accepted by the server?

Perhaps you can upload a screenshot of the licensing page for the server.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi guys,

Just to ensure this is the process you followed

Licensing Purchased Software

You can purchase the software at any time in the evaluation periods, giving you unlimited use. When you

purchase the software Cisco provide you with a 27-digit license activation code (LAC). After activating

the software, you cannot revert to the trial version.

To activate your purchased software, do the following:

Step 1 Use your internet browser to go to http://www.cisco.com/go/ac.

Step 2 Enter your User Name and Password and then click Log In.

Step 3 In the navigation bar, click ACTIVATE PURCHASED SOFTWARE.

Step 4 Select your Reseller, Customer and Customer Site.

Note If your reseller, customer or site are not available. choose the options to add them.

Step 5 Enter the Registration Code and then click Submit.

Note To find your Registration Code, log into Cisco Unified Attendant Console Web Admin and choose Help

> Licensing.

Step 6 Enter at least one License Activation Code and then click Submit.

Step 7 In the Licence Request Confirmation page, optionally enter an additional e-mail address and click

Submit. If you want to change the License Activation Code you entered in Step 6 before proceeding,

click Revise License Request.

A registration (.RGF) file is e-mailed to you, and license request confirmation information is displayed

in the web page.

Step 8 Open the email and save the registration file to a location that can be browsed by the Cisco Unified

Attendant Console server.

Step 9 Log into Cisco Unified Attendant Console Web Admin and choose Help > Licensing.

Step 10 In the License Management page, select Registration File.

Step 11 Click Browse and then open the Registration File.

Step 12 Click Submit to complete the registration.

Step 13 Stop and then restart the services.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmac/arc/CUACBE_V901_WA_.pdf

If this is the exact process you followed, I would recommend contacting

licensing@cisco.com

To get to the root of the issue.

Cheers!

Rob

"And if I should fall behind
Wait for me" - Springsteen

All,

Version 9 of CUAC introduced version specific licensing, this means when upgrading a to a new major version (8 to 9 as an exampe) a new license file is required.

If you are a new customer, you need to ensure that the correct SKU is ordered in order to get the right version LAC. If the incorrect SKU is ordered then you will receive a LAC for a version which is not the version you have necessarily installed and therefore the license file will not work.

The top level V8 and older SKU is:

CUE-ATT-CON=

The top level V9 SKU is:

L-CUAC9X-ATT-CON

If there is any confusion then send me the LAC you received and I can tell you what version was ordered.

If the incorrect SKU has been ordered there are a few options:

1. Download and install the correct version for the SKU that was ordered.

2. If ordered V8.x and installed V9.x and you have a UCSS contract, you can use PUT to obtain a new LAC for V9.

3. If you do not have a UCSS contract and you have only recently purchased the software, you can speak to your account manager about processing an RMA and then placing a new order for the V9 SKU. V9 also introduces electronic fulfilment so the turn around in an order is much quicker then previous versions.

4. If you do not have a UCSS contract and are running an older version and would like to upgrade, you will need to purchase an a la carte upgrade.

Hope this helps.