Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified Border Element Help!

richardfinnie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

This last week I was handed an ISR G2 licensed with CUBE and was told it was part of a proof of concept to centralize all the various communication circuits (connected to distributed IP-PBX's) through a cental point using SIP. While I don't disagree with this idea, I have very little familarity with this product. The additional challenge is that some of these remote IP-PBX's aren't Cisco CallManager, and some require authentication to connect to the SIP trunk. Is it possible to configure authentication on the dial-peers? Am I am perhaps out to lunch here?

Please excuse my newbie question, I appreciate all your feedback.

Thanks,

Rick  

3 Replies 3

Tim Smith
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Yes you can support multiple registrars, but only a limited number. I think 6 possibly.

Are you sure you cant turn off registration for your trunks? If they are all internal sites maybe its not required. In this case there are also other options such as SME.

Cheers,

Tim

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

richardfinnie
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Tim. I am going to have to investigate more, as I am wondering if the authentication piece is actually a requirement for the other systems (as I know it won't be for the distributed UCME systems).

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hello Richard

Take a look on this doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/sip/configuration/guide/sip_cg-multi-registrars.html

Rate this if helps you

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***