Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified Call Manager 6.1 and VMware 4.1

JAYESH RAMAIYA
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am currently in the process of installing CUCM 6.1 on vmware so that we can test integration with AD. Im currently having problems installing installing the software. It boots up and but fails on the hard ware issues.

All our equipment is Dell and runs on Intel.

Are there any links or posts that you can assist with.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Jay

4 Replies 4

Brett Fritzsch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jayesh,

So the short of it is because 6.1 isnt supported on VMware.  The first version that is officially TAC supported on VMware is 8.0.2.  With that being said, for lab recreates and confirming you have successful backups, it can be advantageous to have a test setup in VMware.  You should be able to install it on VMware to test certain features.  The key for 6.1 will be to get the VMware requirements correct.  Here are the spec's that we use in our Lab testing environment for 6.1.5:

1 - vCPU

2Gb RAM

80Gb Harddrive

Virtual Machine version 7

RedHat Version 4 32-bit

Hope this helps!

-Brett Fritzsch

THANKS FOR THIS.

I HAVE MANAGED TO BOOT UP CUCM ON VMWARE. I GET TO THE END AND THEN GET THE MESSAGE - NO DRIVE FOUND. AN ERROR HAS OCCOURED, NO VALID DEVICES WERE FOUND ON WHICH TO CREATE NEW FILE SYSTEM PLEASE CHECK YOUR HARDWARE FOR THEW CAUSE OF THIS PROBLEM

Hi

Did you add a SCSI or IDE virtual HDD?

I always used IDE for 6.x releases...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi, I use this recommendation and it work in Workstation VMware 7.0,

1 - vCPU

2Gb RAM

80Gb Harddrive IDE

Virtual Machine version 7

RedHat Version 4 32-bit

THX a lot

HTH, please rate all useful posts and right answers.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: