cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified CM User Options Line Information in incorrect order for forwarding

deanmills
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm hoping someone will be able to help with this.

While in CM User Options-->Device-->Line settings, the line information is in a completely random order.

For example, when you click on the drop-down menu, one example is:

Line 2

Line 4

Line 1

Line 3

The problem I have is this..

We allow users to update their call forwarding, but we already have this set up to a default for all lines other than their prime line. We only want (most of them) to update their prime line, but they are accessing the page, the dropdown is set to Line 2 as the default (in the given example), and they are updating the wrong line.

The order is completely random in all different examples. In some it is Line 1 at the top, but then all the other lines are in different orders!

I have no idea how the page is ascertaining which order to put these lines into? Does anyone know???

CUCM Version is 7.1.5

Many thanks in advance!

Dean

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Dean,

I just stumbled across this one

CSCtg18368 Bug Details Bug #55 of 68 | < Previous | Next >

ccmuser page line information extensions not in order
Symptom:

Users use the CCM user page to forward and un-forward lines for secondary lines and we are
seeing something odd... the lines in the drop down are not in order.

For example:
7001 - Line1

6001 - Line 4

3001 - Line 3

Conditions:
7.1.3.30000-1 and 7.1.3.32900-4

Workaround:

None
StatusStatus
Fixed             

Severity Severity
4 - minor

Last Modified Last Modified
In Last 3 Days        

Product Product
Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager)         

Technology Technology

1st Found-In 1st Found-in
7.1(3)       

Fixed-In Fixed-in
8.5(1.98000.32)
8.5(1.98000.14)
7.1(5.32029.1)

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Dean -

I believe the order shows the last Line selected by the user.  It works this way for Device.  For example, if I have 3 devices, phone, CUPC, and Remote destination, it shows the last one I updated or selected after logging back on.  For consideration, since you are wanting your users to update their Primary Line only, this can be performed using the CFwdAll soft key or the Forward All soft key (depending on phone model) instead of using the CCMUser web page.

Regards, Ginger

Ginger, "We' haven't found a way to use the soft key to change the forwarding of shared lines. That's why they use the web page. Problem is the lines appear out of order.

As far as Cisco's claim it's fixed in versions newer than 7.1.5.32029, I just upgraded to 7.1.5.34900 and IT'S STILL there. I also am NOT going to reprogram all the sets in an attempt to make the CCMuser page appear to be working as the users expect.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Dean,

I just stumbled across this one

CSCtg18368 Bug Details Bug #55 of 68 | < Previous | Next >

ccmuser page line information extensions not in order
Symptom:

Users use the CCM user page to forward and un-forward lines for secondary lines and we are
seeing something odd... the lines in the drop down are not in order.

For example:
7001 - Line1

6001 - Line 4

3001 - Line 3

Conditions:
7.1.3.30000-1 and 7.1.3.32900-4

Workaround:

None
StatusStatus
Fixed             

Severity Severity
4 - minor

Last Modified Last Modified
In Last 3 Days        

Product Product
Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager)         

Technology Technology

1st Found-In 1st Found-in
7.1(3)       

Fixed-In Fixed-in
8.5(1.98000.32)
8.5(1.98000.14)
7.1(5.32029.1)

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks for your responses guys!

I did find the bug report in the end, but never got round to updating this thread -sorry!

I have also discovered a workaround:

If you disassociate every line on a phone and then put the lines back, the lines will then appear in the correct order. A bit of a time-consuming process if you have a lot of phones like this, but will save having to update the system.

Dean

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: