Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7962 Buttons to answer calls

snahosany
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am actually trying to configure a unified IP phone to use the buttons on the 7962 to answer incoming calls. That is on the 7962 we have six lines and is it possible to use them to answer calls. I.e. the first call comes, we press the first button to answer if second calls comes in then we use second button etc...

I would grately appreciate any help.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

With the release of CCM 4.x the "multiple Calls" per line and "Busy Trigger" were introduced. So you didn't need to use the method below any more. But some of our users still prefer the visual aspect of the older setup, especially users who came from our Nortel deployment which used the Multi-Call (or MCR) setup. They didn't like trying to manage multiple calls per line button so we still use the method listed in this "tech note" for them It allows

them to use one button per call as you desrie.

Configuring a Single Dialed Number on Multiple Lines

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008009409c.shtml

Cheers!
Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes but it not a very good idea. An operator can handle at most two or three calls at the same. If more than that, mistakes are made and calls dropped.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

With the release of CCM 4.x the "multiple Calls" per line and "Busy Trigger" were introduced. So you didn't need to use the method below any more. But some of our users still prefer the visual aspect of the older setup, especially users who came from our Nortel deployment which used the Multi-Call (or MCR) setup. They didn't like trying to manage multiple calls per line button so we still use the method listed in this "tech note" for them It allows

them to use one button per call as you desrie.

Configuring a Single Dialed Number on Multiple Lines

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008009409c.shtml

Cheers!
Rob

Dear Rob

Thanks a lot, but i am having an issue and need help in this. It works like you mentioned, however when operator tries to transfer call, the transfer softkey is not active. In max number of calls per button i have put 1 and busy is 1. Calls can be picked per button as desired but operator cannot transfer.

Next issue is the caller identity is not displayed after the first call pickup.

Grateful if you could help on this.

Hi there,

No worries

You just need to change the Max Calls to 2 and leave Busy Trigger @ 1.

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: