cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified Mobile Communicator - CUCM7

traqglow
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am fairly new to call manager 7, can someone help me configure CUMC to ring directly at 7pm and end at 8am? I have learned how to setup the CUMC device profile and linking the DN to the device profile, everything works on that part, however I can’t seem to find a way to have the mobility client ring when I want it to.

I looked within the CUCM device profile however I cannot find exactly where one would go about changing this option.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

The internal CUCM DN and the mobile phone should ring simultaneously with a small delay, which is configured with CUCM Remote Destination > Delay Before Ringing Timer. The default is 4 seconds. You may try to set it to 0 to see if the mobile phone rings sooner.

If you want to make cisco mobile ring immedieatly when you want it to, you can configure the Call Forward All to your mobile phone number. However, the Internal phone will not ring any more.

Thanks,

QD Wang

View solution in original post

Hi El,

This is a limitation of the current CUCM mobilty implementation. The schedule supports only one time range for each day. The end time cannot be the next day. For example, you specify start time 2000(8pm) and end time  0700(8am), which is the next day.

For your application, you need two time ranges 0000 to 0700 and 2000 to 2400. Unfotunately, this is not supported at the moment.

You may select to ring at all time and disable mobile connect at 7AM and enable at 8PM manually.

Thanks,

QD Wang

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

qdwang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Cisco Mobile connect can be enabled or disabled from the CUMC client. Please refer

Installation and User Guide for Cisco Mobile Release 7.1 for BlackBerry Devices

"Enabling and Disabling Cisco Mobile Connect From Your Device

1. Select the Menu key > Settings > General Settings from the home view of Cisco Mobile.

2. Scroll to Mobile Connect.

3. Select Enable or Disable."

Thanks,

QD Wang

Hi, thank you for your answer, however "mobile connect" is already enabled. I would like to know how to make cisco mobile ring immedieatly when I want it to, instead of ringing after 20 seconds on the internal CUCM DN.

Hi,

The internal CUCM DN and the mobile phone should ring simultaneously with a small delay, which is configured with CUCM Remote Destination > Delay Before Ringing Timer. The default is 4 seconds. You may try to set it to 0 to see if the mobile phone rings sooner.

If you want to make cisco mobile ring immedieatly when you want it to, you can configure the Call Forward All to your mobile phone number. However, the Internal phone will not ring any more.

Thanks,

QD Wang

Hi gdwang, thank you, after setting "Delay Before Ringing Timer" to 0 under remote destination the mobile client rang almost immediately, however not exactly at the same time as the desk phone, but allot better than before.

The strange thing is when setting the scheduler time within the remote destination (8pm to 8am EST) I keep getting the error “end time must be greater than start time”. If I do 2000(8pm) to 0700(8am) I always get that error, however I flip the start/end 8pm to 8am it lets me save. See attachment.

Thanks.

Hi El,

This is a limitation of the current CUCM mobilty implementation. The schedule supports only one time range for each day. The end time cannot be the next day. For example, you specify start time 2000(8pm) and end time  0700(8am), which is the next day.

For your application, you need two time ranges 0000 to 0700 and 2000 to 2400. Unfotunately, this is not supported at the moment.

You may select to ring at all time and disable mobile connect at 7AM and enable at 8PM manually.

Thanks,

QD Wang

qdwang, thank you for your help I really appreciate it. It does really suck this cannot be done automatically within cucm 7, is this possible in cucm 8?

I also two other other question about cumc, is there a mobility users portal so user can setup their mobile connect schedule, or is this something only a cucm administrator would have to do?

When dialing international numbers, my system requires a prefix of (9011+The international Number), is there some way similar to Click To Call to append your prefix - within the cumc application?

Thank You

Hi El,

Just checked the CUCM 8 and still only one time range is supported per day.

Yes. There is a mobility users portal where the user can set the phone settings. However, it does not include the time schedule. For further details, you may refer The User Guide for Cisco Mobile for BlackBerry and Cisco Unified Mobile Communicator User Portal Release 7.0 http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cumc/7_0/english/portal/user/guide/cumc_70_portal_ug.html.

If you need to prefix the dialed number of CUMC Dial Via Office calls, you can configue CUCM Application Dial Rule.. Further details can be found at  
Application Dial Rules Configuration http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmcfg/b03adial.html

Thanks,

QD Wang

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: