Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity 11.5 not turning MWI on

Tofaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I am facing a weird issue where my Cisco Unity is not turning the MWI on for any user that has received a new voicemail. I am not talkting about the MWI on the phone but the value itself on the Cisco Unity platform. I have alreadIP Telephony and Phonesy followed the following troubleshooting guide without any luck:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/11x/troubleshooting/guide/b_11xcuctsg/b_11xcuctsg_chapter_010011.html#ID-2410-0000002b

Every time a new voice mail message is delivered to a user's voice mailbox Cisco Unity MWI current status remains on "Off" as no new messages have been received at all.

Have you ever encountered this issue before?

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Gregory,

the integration is with SIP and I was troubleshooting a post-deployment environment. I was convinced that the issue was related to Unity as the MWI value was not turning on for a user even when a new voicemail message was popping up on its voicemail box, as I was not seeing the issue related to anything else outside of Unity. I found out that I was wrong and it was related due to the fact that in the SIP security trunk profile the following parameters were not flagged:

Accept presence subscription
Accept out-of-dialog refer
Accept unsolicited notification
Accept replaces header

I am still trying to understand why the Unity MWI status for a user is related to an even triggered by CUCM even if that user has a new voicemail present on its voicemail box.

Thank you for your reply anyway!

Best,

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

I have experienced similar. 

Last time it was a sip trunk security problem, I had to removed the security config (bad certs) and then fix it later. 

But I can't say that is what you have going on.

In that case even after I sent the server into unsecure mode I had to check force all MWI to off and then on to reset it. 

Lets start with the basics can you please tell us if you are utilizing SIP or SCCP.

Can you run the telephony check and post results as screen shots. Also post screen shots of your integration, redacted with sensitive information of course.

I assume this was working correctly before correct, did anything change? Server reboot or anything else.

Can you also verified the message gets left from unity by seeing the message count go up under the mailbox.

Once we know SIP or SCPP we can start diving deeper.

Hi Gregory,

the integration is with SIP and I was troubleshooting a post-deployment environment. I was convinced that the issue was related to Unity as the MWI value was not turning on for a user even when a new voicemail message was popping up on its voicemail box, as I was not seeing the issue related to anything else outside of Unity. I found out that I was wrong and it was related due to the fact that in the SIP security trunk profile the following parameters were not flagged:

Accept presence subscription
Accept out-of-dialog refer
Accept unsolicited notification
Accept replaces header

I am still trying to understand why the Unity MWI status for a user is related to an even triggered by CUCM even if that user has a new voicemail present on its voicemail box.

Thank you for your reply anyway!

Best,

Happy to hear this is working for you and that you found your own problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: