cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Connection 7.1.2 - CUCM AXL Servers greyed out under phone system

Ojasvi Bansal
Level 1
Level 1

I have this strange issue where I cannot import or sync users from CUCM to UCXN. Upon further investigation I found that the CUCM AXL server option is greyed out under phone system. As far as I can tell, all the services on CUCM and UCXN activated and running.

The client did change their domain name couple of months ago but my understanding is that it should not affect AXL sync between UCXN and CUCM.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Regards

OJ

7 Replies 7

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

are you able to make the ping test from Unity Connection from Phone system, I mean where you added AXL server ip addres then there would option of TEST to verify the reachability are ok or not and check AXL user name and password is correct on the both side.

any error you get while importing the users? Did you restarted the AXL service and check services on Unity connection as well.?

Br,

Nadeem

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

Hello Nadeem,

It is BE5K install. Both the apps share same IP address. I did do the TEST to verify phone system reachablility and the test is successful. I cannot check the AXL username/password beause the option is greyed out.

I did check the services. Please see the attached screenshot.

Thanks

OJ Bansal

Hello Ojasvi,

Busineess edition works different, you don't need the AXL integration:

Adding Cisco Unity Connection 8.x Voicemail Users (Cisco Unified CMBE Configurations Only)

To add Cisco Unity Connection voicemail users to the system in a Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition configuration, import users from Cisco Unified Communications Manager.

You use the Users > Import Users page in Cisco Unity Connection Administration to create multiple user with voicemail accounts from Cisco Unified Communications Manager users. You can also import application users into Connection without a voice mailbox.

Note Cisco Unified Communications Manager users must have a Primary Extension defined or they do not appear on the Users > Import Users page in Cisco Unity Connection Administration.

When user accounts are created this way, Connection takes the user Alias, Extension, First Name, and Last Name from Cisco Unified CM, and fills in the remaining information from the user template that you specify. Data from the fields that are taken from Cisco Unified CM cannot be modified by using Connection Administration. Instead, the information must be changed in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration.

The Synch Users page allows you to manually refresh information from Cisco Unified CM for voicemail users who were created by using the Import Users page.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/user_mac/guide/8xcucmac100.html#wp1050464

Regards,

-1111+

Hello David,

The AXL thing was active under phone system before.

the issue started when one of the users started showing this error message:

This user's association to the co-resident Cisco Unified Communications Manager user has been broken.

Please Click Here to reassociate the orphaned user.

when I proceed to reassociate the orphaned user, I don't find any users to associate with ( I have confirmed that the user have primary line and device asssociated to his profile).

I also get this error message (on the smae page):

There are no available CCM end users.

Appreciate your time and help.

Hello Ojasvi,

I asked a friend of mine (credits to carlope aka c-30) that has a Business Edition demo to take a look, and you can clearly see this is grayed out:

The broken associations seems a different issue.

Regards,

-DP

hmmm.....This is strange.

Any other ideas on how to resolve this issue?

the user does have an associated device under user profile and does have primary extension.

Sorry couldn't add the screenshot to the reply. Please see below for service status.

Status Only Services   

Service Name Running Time Activate Status Service Status

Connection DB  39:41:54 Activated  Started

Connection Server Role Manager  39:41:19 Activated  Started

Connection Serviceability  39:38:29 Activated  Started

Critical Services   

Service Name Running Time Activate Status Service Status Change Service Status

Connection Conversation Manager 39:38:05 Activated  Started  Stop 

Connection Message Transfer Agent 39:38:05 Activated  Started  Stop 

Connection Mixer 39:38:05 Activated  Started  Stop 

Connection Notifier 39:38:05 Activated  Started  Stop 

Base Services   

Service Name Running Time Activate Status Service Status Change Service Status

Connection Administration 39:38:29 Activated  Started  Stop 

Connection DB Event Publisher 39:41:20 Activated  Started  Stop 

Connection License Server 39:41:18 Activated  Started  Stop 

Connection SNMP Agent 39:41:17 Activated  Started  Stop 

Optional Services   

Service Name Running Time Activate Status Change Activate Status Service Status Change Service Status

Connection Access Layer  39:38:05 Activated  Deactivate  Started  Stop 

Connection CM Database Event Listener  39:38:05 Activated  Deactivate  Started  Stop 

Connection Database Proxy  00:00:00 Deactivated  Activate  Stopped  Not Activated 

Connection File Syncer  00:00:00 Deactivated  Activate  Stopped  Not Activated 

Connection Groupware Caching Service  39:38:05 Activated  Deactivate  Started  Stop 

Connection IMAP Server  39:38:05 Activated  Deactivate  Started  Stop 

Connection Inbox RSS Feed  39:38:05 Activated  Deactivate  Started  Stop 

Connection Integrated Mailbox Configuration  39:38:05 Activated  Deactivate  Started  Stop 

Connection Message Event Service  39:38:05 Activated  Deactivate  Started  Stop 

Connection Personal Communication Assistant  39:38:05 Activated  Deactivate  Started  Stop 

Connection Realtime Monitoring APIs  39:38:05 Activated  Deactivate  Started  Stop 

Connection Reports Data Harvester  39:38:05 Activated  Deactivate  Started  Stop 

Connection SMTP Server  39:38:05 Activated  Deactivate  Started  Stop 

Connection System Agent  39:38:05 Activated  Deactivate  Started  Stop 

Connection Voice Mail Web Service  39:38:06 Activated  Deactivate  Started  Stop 

Connection Voice Recognition Transport  39:38:06 Activated  Deactivate  Started  Stop 

Connection Voice Recognizer  39:36:56 Activated  Deactivate  Started  Stop 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: