Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco unity connection deleted items folder

rbblue234
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Cisco unity connection version I'm working with today is 8.6.  I need to recover the deleted items from a users mailbox in unity.  Im trying via imap but do not see anything other than the inbox.

Any suggestions?

8 Replies 8

Have you tried connecting via FTP?

i did not know FTP was an option?   How would that work?

The web inbox only shows the deleted items, but no way to forward unless hitting undelete.  looking to save a copy 

Can you not un-delete, forward, and then re-delete?

that's always possible but we need to do for this for everyone.  was looking for a better way to getting it done verse one message at a time.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?  Keeping a copy of all deleted voicemail messages?

we have been given a directive by compliance to keep a copy of new messages going forward and to get a copy of the deleted items from 90 days ago. The message ageing policy already allows messages to be stored for up to 90 days for the users were after.

new messages is simple.  it's the deleted items were trying to get too.  one by one would be kinda hard to swallow 

You may be able to pull them from a DRS backup.  There's tools out there for that.

I think COBRAS has a message extraction feature- http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/General/COBRAS/COBRAS.html

Worst case, you'll always be able to do a DRS restore to an offline lab Unity Connection cluster in order to pull out the deleted messages on a case by case basis if needed for any reason.

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

You could set up the Unity Connection Web Inbox feature and see if the messages are in the Deleted folder listed in there.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: