Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Connection Mac Address.

bijoyjackjesse
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Could you guys please help me out on this one.

I've got two questions.

1) Could someone help me on how to find the MAC address of the 2nd NIC. the #show network eth0 shows only one or them. I get an error in the switch with the other one. (error details below)

2) I got an error from the switch (error below). Now is this a Bad NIC? and when i Checked in the CUC server it shows as the MAC shows as xxxx.xxxx.xx04. And Fault Tolerence was not conifgured, Is there a possibility that Fault Tolerence was configured and since the Port went bad the configuration reverted back to the normal configuration without Fault Tolerence.

Mar 26 15:01:32 GMT: %PORT_SECURITY-2-PSECURE_VIOLATION: Security violation occurred, caused by MAC address xxxx.xxxx.xx06 on port GigabitEthernet2/0/3.

And can the NIC be replaced, is it required to buy new licenses to Configure Fault Tolerence.

Thank you.

4 Replies 4

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Bijoy,

The license file can be registered to only one MAC address. If the Connection server has a dual NIC, you must either configure it for network fault tolerance, which assigns one MAC address to both NICs, or disable one of the NICs and use the MAC address for the other NIC.

refer SRND

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/requirements/8xcucsysreqs.html

show network failover enable /disable

In short, u can enable Fault tolernace and connect second NIC and use same license of NIC 1 MAC

regds,

aman

Hi Bijoy,

Above that, NICs cannot be replaced.They are on-board and motherboard needs to be replaced by Vendor [for MCS-78xx-I : IBM and MCS-78xxH: HP]. In case of any other server, u need to log the case.

You need to open TAC case with Cisco for MCS servers, Cisco would open SR with IBM or HP .

After the motherboard is replaced, u need to get in touch with Cisco Licensing Team to get new license with new MAC.

regds,

aman

Thank you Aman for the Reply.

Does teh error confirm that it is a bad port.

And could how to find the 2nd NIC address.. Is it possible to find..

Hi Bijoy,

Have u configured any switchport port-security mac-address command on switch?

You can get the MAC address of second NIC either from the server which would be pasted  or by connecting second NIC to switch and run the command show mac-address-table.

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: