cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Connection - System Call Handler transfer to external number not working

jenniferbock94
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I set up a CTI Route Point (680) that forwards calls to voicemail. There I have a System Call Handler which should forward calls based on a schedule.

During open hours calls get forwarded to an internal extension - this works.

During closed hours calls should get forwarded to an external number.  The problem is that calls get forwarded correctly to the external number, but can't be answered.

So when the external number wants to pick up the call  there is only silence and the caller gets stuck in the voicemail til the time for the "rings to wait" runs out then the call drops for the caller. (The call stays open on the external number)

This problem only occurs when an external number calls the number, when I call the 680 directly it works.

I use CUCM & Unity 10.5

Call Flow: Caller -> +XXXXXXX680 -> CTI Route Point (680) -> VM -> Forwarded Routing Rule -> System Call Handler - Transfer rule: closed -> +XXXXXXX

Has anyone any suggestions as to what might be causing the problem?

Thank you.

7 Replies 7

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

My first thought is that this is because you should somehow be hairpinning the call. the PSTN voice gateway has the inbound call, and via Unity it gets transferred out the same gateway to another external call.  Seeing your call flow works when testing it from internal, this somewhat keeps Unity out of the list of possible causes.  How is your Voice gateway configured?  H323, SIP? MGCP?

start cheking this out:http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unity-connection/117559-probsol-transferfailure-00.html

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Nishant Savalia
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Jennifer,

Your issue seems to be as below.

Problem 2. Call is Connected and then Disconnected

The call is connected and then it is disconnected. The call transfer is successful when an internal extension initiates the call whereas the call fails, if the calling side is from PSTN.

Call Flow

PSTN>H323 GW>CUCM>Unity Connection Call Handler (Any Caller Input - Transfer to Alternate Contact Number)>External Number or CTI RP with CFA to External Number.

Core Issue/Call Flow Analysis

Here is an analysis of the call flow and the common problem for a failed call transfer:

• The First call leg is a H323 Fast Start, from the Gateway to the CUCM. CUC receives the call and transfers the call back to CUCM. CUCM in turn places the first call on hold and initiates a new call to the PSTN.
  • The second call leg is a H323 Slow start. Finally, when the call is answered, the CUCM or the Gateway does not send H245 capabilities. This causes a timeout and the call is disconnected.

Solution

By default, Wait for Far End H.245 Terminal Capability Set (TCS) check box is checked. As a result, CUCM expects the far-end H.245 TCS before it sends its H.245 TCS. If this checkbox is unchecked, CUCM must initiate capabilities exchange.

In order to resolve this problem:

• Uncheck the Wait for Far End H.245 Terminal Capability Set (TCS) check box.

Or

• Make a change on the gateway so that the gateway initiates capabilities exchange.

Enter these commands in order to configure a change required on the gateway.

conf t
       voice service voip
          h323
            h225 start-h245 on-connect
            exit

Thanks,

Nishant

Regards, Nishant Savalia

Hello everyone,

Did someone ever fixed this problem?

I have a similar problems but at my case, not even an internal extension transfer is completed as well from CUXN Call Handler. The internal extension rings quickly but the call is disconnect with a BYE SIP Message from Unity Connection to CUCM.

I have this scenario: H.323 GW =H.323=> CUCM 10.5 =SIP-TRK=> CUXN 9.1

In the CUCM RTMT real-time call data I can see a simple normal call clearing disconnect cause.

Regards,

Cláudio Costa

Hi Claudio

Are you trying calling  to the Vm number  from H323 gateway --h323--CUCM--Unity---Internal extension.

or it is internal call

Can you provide me with CUCM SDL traces for this call flow.

(rate if helpful)

Hi man,

In the both cases, from internal and external calls cases is missing.

The SDL traces are attached here.

Best Regards Saurabh.

Cláudio Costa

Hi Claudio,

I never could get it to work with Unity. In my scenario I used Time of Day routing as a workaround.

Kind Regards,

Jenny

Hi Jenny,

Thanks for your advice. I will try to do that.

Best Regards,

Claudio Costa

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: