Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity LDAP Import Issue

jasunf
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon,  

Not sure this is  the best category for this but worth a shot.  

Trying to import a user from LDAP to Cisco Unity 11.x and getting a failure:

Friday, October 19, 2018 11:58:53 AM EDT ERROR importing user (username removed) with extension = +<extension removed> : Title input is invalid

To me it seems obviously its having an issue importing the user because of the Title field in AD.  I had provisioning check the AD account and remove the & sign in the title to replace with - which most everyone has.  End user still fails to import.  

Now i'm trying to find out what trace files I need to look at on the unity publisher from the ssh prompt.  

I think it is these:

file tail activelog /cuc/diag_CuCmDbEventListener_00000001.uc
file tail activelog /cuc/diag_CuCmDbEventListener_00000002.uc
file tail activelog /cuc/diag_CuCmDbEventListener_00000003.uc

But they provide nothing useful when I look into them.  Not even sure i have the right trace or level of trace on.  All the documentation i've found on tracing for ldap is very vague or no information at all.  

Any direction is appreciated.  Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Very likely a special character or space in the title field. If you remove all from this field does the import work?

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

BigK
Level 1
Level 1

When you click on inport users, how many LDAP Direcotries you have under " find users in". Also, did you search by Alias, first name or last name ?

Do you have access to active directory, if yes, then find the user-- click on account and veify the user alias and click on telephone and check the IP phone  number.

Thanks

Karim

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Very likely a special character or space in the title field. If you remove all from this field does the import work?

Hey guys thanks for the help!

Turns out I guess Unity will hold LDAP imports in a separate database as "potential" users you can import INTO unity. So even though we changed the title to fix the issue originally, it was still failing the import.  My queries still kept showing me the old title.

So I figured I probably needed to go into the LDAP config and resync the database manually.  That ended up pulling the change we made in AD into the LDAP import database and from there it imported correctly.  

Thanks for the help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: