Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VG204xm configuration

G3261
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Experts,

We have several VG204 devices configured using MGCP connected to fax machines. We are having a problem when the VG boxes are busy with a fax and a second incoming fax machine does not get a BUSY from the VG box. It rings until deciding that there was no answer. As a result we are missing a lot of faxes.

Can anyone help with the CLI necessary so that the VG box will notify the incoming fax that it is BUSY instead of just ringing. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

does it have anything to do with amount of current available when you are onhook or offhook?

View solution in original post

after days of troubleshooting, it was determine that 'Network speed' is a culprit for FAX to not to work properly. Thank you very much for responding to my query.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi,

Can you change the signaling method on VG ports from loop start to ground start. 

just curious...what is that going to do? (for my knowledge)

does it have anything to do with amount of current available when you are onhook or offhook?

The difference is how to signal on-hook and off-hook. Ground start can provide busy detection which isn't present with loop start. see this link for more details.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/digital-cas/14007-net-signal-control.html#Topic3D

ok...I will try it and let you know next week. Thanks

after days of troubleshooting, it was determine that 'Network speed' is a culprit for FAX to not to work properly. Thank you very much for responding to my query.