Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Voice OS file search command

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I am trying to find a log file on my Unity Connection 9.1 server but am not having any luck.

diag_CuCsMgr_*.uc - this is the file I need to locate (the * is a wildcard and will be replaced with something else)

Does anyone know the path to this file? (I cannot use RTMT due to customer security policies)

I have tried using the file search command but cannot work out how to use it. The help for the command is shown below:

admin:file search activelog ?

Syntax:

file search activelog file-spec reg-exp [options]

file-spec   mandatory   file to view

reg-exp     mandatory   regular expression which is to be searched. To include "s escape them with \.

options     optional    reltime days|hours|minutes timevalue

abstime hh:mm:ss mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss mm/dd/yyyy

ignorecase,recurs

Can anyone give an example of a file search query? I am not sure what to put for file-spec and reg-exp

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

If your looking for a basic file search query...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cli_ref/7_1_2/cli_ref_712.html#wp39720

file search activelog platform/log/platform.log Err[a-z] ignorecase

But if you want to search for the path of a file use file list coomand

Let me know if this is helpful.

Thanks Gregory,

I was getting confused about what the file search command was for.

It would be useful if there was a Cisco equivalent of the Linux find command!

Bruno Rangel
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hey James

Not sure if that can help, anyway follows my contribution to try help you... On this site (http://ucguerrilla.com) Bill (community contributor )explain some SQL query probably it can be helpful

Cheers
Bruno Rangel

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: