Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VoIP 7942 Provisioning

JAYESH RAMAIYA
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

We have a remote office that has numerous Cisco phones, currently there are 6 phones which are stuck on provisioning and do not go any further. I have had the phones reset to factory default and have checked the power on line and this is ok.

Any suggestion would be welcoming

Regards

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUCM?? CME?? Are they already configured?? Have you checked connectivity?? DHCP config?? Manual IP config??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jamie 

Thanks for this, the phones have worked before and were known to be working on Friday afternoon. so they are already configured. 

We did upgrade from 8.6 to 9.1 last year and will be upgrading again. Is there a specific setting on the phones that needs deleting or would the factory reset have done this? 

Regards

The factory reset should have cleared anything, but even after you upgrade there should not be any problem or need for that. Did you changed the FW?? Have you  reviewed the phone logs??

Unless you changed something related to ITL, they should not have any problem with that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi 

Thanks for your reply, I have had the phone checked and in the CTL file is installed but the ITL file in not installed, however on my phone which is also a 7942, the CTL file is NOT installed but the ITL file is. 

Regards