cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco voip phone over vpn issue?

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

i found a phone that seem to be registered into my cucm from outside my network in another country , when i call it the phone it answers but i cant hear the person on the other side , the complaint is recent so it must have worked alright before , in my current setup i have a firewall and a dmvpn but the dmvpn is turned off recently , im suspecting it is connected through a vpn on the  turned off dmvpn , but the phone is registered which means it is reachable correct??? can a phone be disconnected and still registered on cucm??? bear in mind i cant ping the phone ip address . what sort of ports needed for a phone over a vpn to work correctly? shouldn't the dns servers be reachable for the phone as well?

i noticed the following field has been entered manually under "External Data Locations Information"

-Information

-Directory

-Services

-Authentication Server

-Idle Timer (seconds)

-Secure Authentication URL

-Secure Directory URL

-Secure Information URL

-Secure Services URL

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ports can be found here

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/products-maintenance-guides-list.html

The call signaling is between CUCM and the device, that might work fine, but RTP is directly between devices, that's where you might have problems.

Only if you have issues with RIS, the phone might be un-registered but CUCM shows otherwise.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: