Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VoIP Phone (SIP) 8831 Doesn't Make International Calls

Adilson Serrão
Level 1
Level 1
10 Replies 10

If international calls work from your 7945 phones but do not work from your 8831 phone, then the problem is not with your gateway but must be related to your CUCM dialplan - specifically to the calling search spaces on the 8831 phone.

Try this:

Go to a 7945 phone that is successfully making international calls. Look at the calling search space on the phone and the calling search space on the line. Next, edit your 8831 phone and phone line to have the same calling search spaces. Then try an international call from the 8831 phone. The call should work.

If the call does not work, let us know and we will go from there.

Maren

Hello Maren,

Thank you.

Note that the CCS on 7945 and 8831 and on the lines are all the same, but the 8831 does not make international calls.

And the CSS on the device is the same as well? If not, try that.

If so, then please post a trace file that includes a failed call so we can look at it.

Hello Maren,

The CSS on device are same as well.

Find the trace below

Interesting. If the Line CSS, Device CSS and Device Pool (your screen caps are too small to read) are the same for the two phones and one is successful and the other isn't that is a very interesting problem. I see your digit analysis output and there are a couple of things I see that may be the issue but I need more information. (For instance, if I am interpreting the output correctly it looks like CUCM is sending zero dialed digits to the router.)

Specifically, what we need to see is the trace file for the Cisco CallManager service. I have posted a link on how to gather that kind of trace below. It would also be helpful to post your router's config.

How to Collect Traces for CUCM 9.x or Later

Maren

Hello Maren,

Sorry for small screen caps.

I´m sending in attach the router voice gateway and trace files.

The router config file looks okay. I was looking to see if there were some kind of voice translation on the port but your config is fairly straightforward and isn't the issue.

Before we get to the phone, the trace file does show that two voicemail ports CiscoUM1-VI7 and CiscoUM1-VI8 are not registering and are throwing a lot of errors into your trace file. I would suggest resolving that in addition to resolving this issue.

Can you confirm what firmware the 8831 phone is running? One thing that can cause a phone model to misbehave is a bug in the firmware. The latest firmware version for the 8831 is 10.3.1(SR5) and that is compatible with CUCM 8.5.1+. I would suggest upgrading the firmware to possibly resolve this problem.

Also, the trace file does not show a call to or from DN 3450 so I can't troubleshoot the call itself. Can you try gathering a trace file again that includes one of the failed calls from the 8831? (But upgrade the firmware first.)

Maren

Hello Maren,

Thank you. Will proceed with firmware upgrade.

Hello Maren,

I've perfomed firmware upgrade but the problem persists.
Find in attach new trace.

Thanks