cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Wireless IP Phone 7921 is not registering.

Jamil Hussain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am trying to configure Cisco  wireless ip phone 7921 but its not registering with Call manager

I configured in call manager and also i provided SSID and all the information but its staying at Configuring IP anf after sometime giving error message

DHCP Timeout.

What should i do ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

krahmani323
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Jamil,

I think the issue could depend on a lot of things : IP Phone Wireless configuration, firmware version, Callmanager, DHCP Server (if not running on CUCM), part of the 7921 affected : just some 7921 or all? etc ...

If everything has been configured corretly, this topic discusses about 7921 stucking at 'Configuring IP' and showing DHCP timeout =>  https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1313518#1313518 (I hope it can give you some clues about your issue).

I have encoutered this problem in my specific environnement :

CCM 4.2.3sr2b (dhcp option 150/ tftp)

AIR-AP1242AG-E-K9 (x 32) in  12.4(3g)JA1

7921 FW => 1.0.4

7920 => Does not encounter the problem.

The workaround was was to manually change 'Alternate TFTP' to  yes in the Network profile 7921 configuration and specify the 'TFTP Server 1'  address (DHCP still configured to yes). At the end it appeared the issue was met in FW 1.0.4 and totally resolved after an upgrade to load 1.3.2.

Kind regards.
Karim

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

krahmani323
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Jamil,

I think the issue could depend on a lot of things : IP Phone Wireless configuration, firmware version, Callmanager, DHCP Server (if not running on CUCM), part of the 7921 affected : just some 7921 or all? etc ...

If everything has been configured corretly, this topic discusses about 7921 stucking at 'Configuring IP' and showing DHCP timeout =>  https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1313518#1313518 (I hope it can give you some clues about your issue).

I have encoutered this problem in my specific environnement :

CCM 4.2.3sr2b (dhcp option 150/ tftp)

AIR-AP1242AG-E-K9 (x 32) in  12.4(3g)JA1

7921 FW => 1.0.4

7920 => Does not encounter the problem.

The workaround was was to manually change 'Alternate TFTP' to  yes in the Network profile 7921 configuration and specify the 'TFTP Server 1'  address (DHCP still configured to yes). At the end it appeared the issue was met in FW 1.0.4 and totally resolved after an upgrade to load 1.3.2.

Kind regards.
Karim

Yes

I checked all the things but I thing I have problem with my WIFI Because its connecting with WIFI but not getting the ip addresss or not reaching to call manager.

Best regards,

Jamil Hussain

thanks dear

i reset my wifi configuration and its working fine now

thanks alot

I notice that phone got associated with the access point and got the IP address, but still not able to register with call manager.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: