Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Wireless Phone 840 registration failed and reconnect frequently

amalmichaelvj
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team,

Am facing a unusual behavior of Cisco 840 ip Phone in CUCM version 14. All Phones are connecting in Aruba Wireless. 5 Ghz and 2.4 Ghz are enabled in Aruba Wireless. Wireless range are showing Fine in Mobiles and phones. No problem identified regarding a blind spot.

amalmichaelvj_0-1675324168967.png

amalmichaelvj_1-1675324168987.png

But, 

i am facing a random issue in Cisco 840 Wireless phones. Sip Registration is failing at some point of time and phones reregister after some time. When i check packet capture in Phones its showing TCP session restart.

Does anyone faced this issue before?? please help if any info available.

4 Replies 4

Logs from CUCM and Phone will be required.

Create a problem report from the phone

If you experience a problem with your phone, you can create a bundle of log reports that can help the system administrator troubleshoot the issue. It may take several minutes to generate the problem report and log files. You'll know that the report is complete when the phone vibrates twice.

NithinEluvathingal_0-1675330019864.gif

Note

If your phone's web browser is enabled, you can download the log bundle files to give to the system administrator.

Procedure

Step 1

Access the Cisco Phone

NithinEluvathingal_1-1675330020491.jpeg

app.

Step 2

Choose one of the following based on your phone's software version:

• For release 1.2, tap the Overflow NithinEluvathingal_2-1675330019921.png

menu.
  • For release 1.3 or newer, tap the Drawer NithinEluvathingal_3-1675330019995.png

menu.
Step 3

Choose one of the following based on your phone's software version:

• For release 1.2, select Settings > Phone information > Report problem.

• For release 1.3 or newer, tap Report problem.

Step 4

After the phone vibrates twice, contact your system administrator to provide a description of the issue and approximate time.

Step 5

If your phone's web browser is enabled, download the log bundle from the Device Logs tab to provide to the system administrator.

Response Signature

Louiepatyk
Level 1
Level 1

Did you find any resolution to this issue?  I am running a very similar environment on version 14 with Aruba wireless.  I haven't yet looked at traces, but my symptoms are exactly the same as you describe.

I would be very interested to hear about your resolution, and/or next steps in troubleshooting.

Having same issues with Cisco AP's. The phone will make a terrible loud ring tone type noise and then reconnect. Still working with Cisco.

JaysonRCCL
Level 1
Level 1

Any more details? Resolution?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: