cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco wireless phone - cisco call manager

amralrazzaz
Level 5
Level 5

i need to ask some question regarding my cisco call manager express that i already have on cisco router 2911

1- regarding the attached specs i need to know if my manager support cordless or wireless cisco phones ?

2- if it support so what is the kind of it and is it available in the market or not ?

3- if not available in market or call manager  version is not support wireless phones , so should i upgrade the call manager ?

4- my current system supporting how many phone as MAXIMUM ?

thanks

amr alrazzaz
15 Replies 15

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

Your running CME is 10.5 which got end of life/sale. You should plan moving towards the 12.6 now with 4300 or 4400 ISRs. You can get the max limit capacities from below doc

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/requirements/guide/cme126spc.html

For Wireless phones, you can plan 8821 and if you dont plan for an existing CME upgrade, you can try deploying using fast track mode on 10.5

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/requirements/guide/cme105spc.html

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collaboration-endpoints/wireless-ip-phone-8821/index.html

You can find the max limit of your CME 10.5/ Router model from here.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/requirements/guide/cme105spc.html

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!
***Please rate helpful posts***

dear sir 

thanks for ur great answers 

what if im not planning to upgrade for now ? and keep working with 10.5 ? so whats the kind of cordless or wireless cisco phones compatible and can be configured on call manager 10.5 ? 

whats the kind or brands of these phones ? and is it still available in market ? also these phones will be configured as SCCP ? CORRECT ?

amr alrazzaz

dear :) have good day 

thanks for always help , need to confirm 

what if im not planning to upgrade for now ? and keep working with 10.5 ? so whats the kind of cordless or wireless cisco phones compatible and can be configured on call manager 10.5 ? 

is this cordless phone 8821 available  in market ? and the configurations will be sip or sccp ? and is it working with cme 10.5 ?

whats the kind or brands of these phones ? and is it still available in market ? also these phones will be configured as SCCP ? CORRECT ?

amr alrazzaz

thanks for always help , need to confirm 

is this cordless phone 8821 available  in market ? and the configurations will be sip or sccp ? and is it working with cme 10.5 ?

amr alrazzaz

should i request the phones with license or the cme that i have already include licenses ? 

amr alrazzaz

should i request the phones with license or the cme that i have already include licenses ? 

i have 25 seat license ? and i already installed 16 phones ? so should request the wireless phones without licenses ?

amr alrazzaz

amralrazzaz, 

Ratheesh's answer was pretty inclusive. I am not completely familiar with CME licensing, but if you have 25 seats and are only using 24, you would have 1 license available for a wireless phone. You can use the 7920, 21, 25, 26 or the 8821. If the price is right on the secondary market, and they offer the license with it, then that is up to you. I personally would have concerns uploading licenses from a secondary source. Make sure it is reputable. Since you aren't planning on upgrading though you won't be able to get the licenses from Cisco.

This link will tell you what is compatible. Good luck.

many thanks with last question 

should i bring 7925/26 or 8821 ? which is better to my cme version for now ? or any phone its not big difference ?

(what do u prefer for me to get ? ) and 7925/26 is sccp configuration but 8821 is sip configuration ? so is it make any difference or both is ok ?

another thing : if i decide later to upgrade cme  to 11.5 or 12 ? is these phone will be working on it ?

amr alrazzaz

Amr Alrazzaz,

If you are currently using SCCP and have never used SIP then stay with SCCP. If you have used or are using SIP currently and are comfortable with it, then the choice is yours based upon what you need from the phone. Both phones work through at least CME 12.0 and have not been deprecated.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/requirements/guide/cme12spc.html

Jason

many thanks sir for yr great reply

my i asked u whats better to upgrade cme version 10.5 which i have now to? should i use 12 or 12.5 ? which once is stable ? and if its compatible with my current devices ip cisco phone that i already using ? ( cp-7821 and CISCO UC PHONE 7945 ?

thanks

note: CISCO UC PHONE 7945 configured as sccp and 7821 as sip 

amr alrazzaz

Personally I would go to 12.5. It has been my experience that the mid versions are better. 12.5 is the version where they work out all the issues or most of the issues with 12.0, same with 11.5 compared to 11.0. 

and its compatible with all ip cisco devices old and new ?

amr alrazzaz

CAN I ASK ABOUT THE SMARTNET LICENSE IF I CAN MAKE IT FOR ISR ROUTER 2911 ? 

REGARDING THE CME I HAVE 10.5 AND NEED TO UPGRADE TO 12.5 SO IT THIS FOR EACH PHONE ? 

I HAVE 25 CISCO PHONE SO SHOULD I PAY CME 12.5 FOR EACH PHONE OR ITS ONLY ONCE FOR THE CME SOFTWARE AND THE LICENSE FOR TELEPHONE IS SOMETHING DIFFERENCE ?

amr alrazzaz

dear whats the difference between 

ProductCME-UL
Product DescriptionCisco Communication Manager Express (CME) - 1 User License

and 

ProductCON-ECMU-CMEULCTG
Product DescriptionSWSS UPGRADES Cisco Communication Manager Express (CME

because i need to upgrade the ccme license and i dont know what difference ? and cme when i upgrade it i should pay for each ip cisco phone a cme 12.5 ? i already have the smartnet license for all phone or srst 25 seats so need to understand please

amr alrazzaz
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: