Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cius and Docking Station - handset not working

Hello community,

we got some cius with their docking station, but we are not able to get the included handsets working.

The cius is working correctly with a headset, but we can't hear anything in the handsets, even not the dial tone.

The docking station and the cius seem to note the handset, as the phone app is starting when we pick up the handset

from the docking station. The docking station is also loading the cius and providing the wired network connection without any problem.

Anyone has an idea about this ?

We are also trying to get support from an cisco cius expert, but they seem to be very rare at the moment, at least in Austria....

Thank you for any help in advance.

Regards,

Harald

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ROLAND MARTI
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Harald

You have to use inlinepower Switch with PoE+

The Cius with Docking needs 29.4 Watt.

Sincerely

Roland

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

ROLAND MARTI
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Harald

You have to use inlinepower Switch with PoE+

The Cius with Docking needs 29.4 Watt.

Sincerely

Roland

Or use the power cube if you have it.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

thank you all for your advises. I'll check at monday with my network colleague.

The power cube is the cius' power adapter ? Or is there a different one for the media station ?

We were not able to find one in the part list.

Thank you.

Harald

Can someone help me out and please provide the part number for the power adapter for the dock?  I have yet to find it and the plug is different than a normal power brick.

Thank you for your advice, the handset is now working with PoE+

Regards,

Harald

Chris Capasso
Level 4
Level 4

So I happened to have a power cube for the 9971 phone, and it works for the Cius Dock.  However, I have found nothing on Cicos's website indicating that this is what could/should be used.  Furthermore, I find it quite disappointing that the dock didn't come with a power cube.  Why would the 9971 come with one, but yet something much more advanced like this doesn't???

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: