Views
Helpful
Replies

CKEM module with 9971 ip phone

CSCO11914161
Level 1
Level 1

Good day

I've installed and succesfully registered new ip phone 9971. but the expansive module CKEM  stil isl not active. How to enable it? Thank you

5 Replies 5

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure under the phone configuration page you have selected the CKEM under the "Expansion Module Information" section.  Also make sure the 9971 has downloaded the correct firmware that is on your call manager and not the out of the box firmware.

Version of firmware is sip9971-9-2-1 now. I've selected CKEM in the Expansion Module Information" section. But the module is still unavailable.  If i try to insert module into the phone  the following message appears on the screen "The phone is unable to power this accesssory". Power supply is implemented with  PoE+ switch, and now only a few ports are active in it. Do you know what does this message mean? Thank you

Is there a solution to this? I'm currently experiencing the same issue on a 9951 phone with load 9-3-2-10

Thanks,

Ruben

Hi,

For CKEM to work when 9971 is working on POE, we need to have local power adaptor connected to CKEM.Is it connected?

regds,

aman

It depends on the type of PoE switch which is used. We are using 3560 802.3AF switch so we do need a power cube to power the CKEM.

Power Requirements

If  the Cisco Unified IP Color Key Expansion Module is connected to a Cisco  Unified IP Phone that uses 802.3AT power, a local power supply is not  required. If the phone uses 802.3AF power, you must connect a power cube  to it for it to supply power for all connected key expansion modules.  If the phone is already locally powered by a power cube, no additional  power cube is required when installing the key expansion module to it.

Regards,

Ruben