cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Clearing Common Partition Space once Filled

Kelin Webb
Level 1
Level 1

Curious if anyone has run into this situation in their environment before, and worked through a solution. 

My CUCM Publisher has filled its Common Partition Space to the point where I can't even run the Free Space cop file because it states that the Common Partition is full. 

I tried adjusting my Low/High Watermark Values in the RTMT and restarted services (even a full reboot), but it still not clearing out any space. I'm sitting at a disk/logging that's 0% free and 100% full. 

I jumped back into the RTMT and was going to see what I could discover via the Remote Browse built-in... but it seems to be having a hard time just running a query. 

I've also tried a CDR/CAR Database Purge but it seems to never complete, even after 2 days of running. I'm showing the CAR DB using just 3.54% of a max value possible of 6GB

I'm open to any other potential avenues I can look at freeing space so I can at least get the Free Space cop file to run... thanks all!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kelin Webb
Level 1
Level 1

A solution that worked for us:

What ended up working for us was either one of two things (because we did them at the same time, we're not 100% sure which freed up the space)... we connected to our Publisher via the RTMT and then went into Trace & Log Central -> Remote Browse -> Trace Logs -> Selected All for Publisher -> Nodes -> Publisher -> UCM -> Cisco CDR files Publisher Processed -> Queried one of the many folders/dates that were in there and deleted a few older entries. 

We also jumped on our Publisher's Web Admin and deleted some very old, and not in-use, load files. OS Administration -> Software Updates -> Device Load Management

Between the combination of the two, we were able to quickly run the free_space cop file on the Publisher and clear up the Common Partition. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you tried disabling traces, and then download them, while checking the option to delete them from the server?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

cjdiener16
Level 1
Level 1

Don't know if this will help, but we ran into something like this with our Unity boxes. Co-worker upgraded the vmWare Tools on the server and it just started filling up like crazy. We were on vCenter 5.5, Unity 10.5. We had to rebuild from backups.

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

I just faced this issue and got resolved by following exactly the same steps

1. Installed the ciscocm.free_common_space_v1.4.k3.cop.sgn.                                                                                      Note - Once installed, you will get a message that space got free, but no help though. Then I followed the below steps
  2. Open RTMT tool using the IP address of the Publisher. Inside RTMT click on 'Alert Central'.
  3. Select 'LogPartitionLowWaterMarkExceeded', right click and select 'Set Alert/Properties', click on next.
  4. Note the current value of LogPartitionLowWaterMarkExceeded on a notepad. Then set this to 30%.
  5. Repeat the previous steps for 'LogPartitionHighWaterMarkExceeded': note the current value and set it to 40%.
  6. Restart the 'Cisco Log Partition Monitoring Tool' service under Cisco Unified Serviceability -> Network Services.
  7. Checked 'show status' command from the CLI to confirm that space utilization is decreasing.
  8. Set the above values of both back to the original. You will need to set the value of LogPartitionHighWaterMarkExceeded first.

Hope this helps
Cheers
Rath!
***Please rate helpful posts***

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
After setting the RTMT Counters to LWM=10 and HWM=15 wait for 5-6 hours and reboot the server.

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris

Kelin Webb
Level 1
Level 1

A solution that worked for us:

What ended up working for us was either one of two things (because we did them at the same time, we're not 100% sure which freed up the space)... we connected to our Publisher via the RTMT and then went into Trace & Log Central -> Remote Browse -> Trace Logs -> Selected All for Publisher -> Nodes -> Publisher -> UCM -> Cisco CDR files Publisher Processed -> Queried one of the many folders/dates that were in there and deleted a few older entries. 

We also jumped on our Publisher's Web Admin and deleted some very old, and not in-use, load files. OS Administration -> Software Updates -> Device Load Management

Between the combination of the two, we were able to quickly run the free_space cop file on the Publisher and clear up the Common Partition. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: