cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ClearOne VH20 Integration

m.coakley
Level 1
Level 1

Is anyone out there using a ClearOne VH20 for integration a board room conferencing solution? I would like to be able to control a conference call via the ClearOne device using a Crestron control unit.

Basically, I would like to be able to have more than one phone call come in that can then join a conference call.

We are using UCM 7 and will be upgrading to 8 soon. I can get the ClearOne to register to the UCM but I'm still having audio issues. (Assuming I can get those fixed) I would then like to move towards using the ClearOne to actually manage a conference call.

Any help would be appreciated. Even if the ClearOne isn't the box I should be using, by all means let me know of a box that can do what I'm looking for.

Thanks,

Mike

5 Replies 5

pjweppner
Level 1
Level 1

m.coakley,

Did you have any success with the VH20? We have recently teamed w/ a company that deploys audio conferencing room systems and they have recommended this device. I have no experience with this device so I just began researching how well it plays with the CallManager.

Thanks,

Patrick

Yes, we got the ClearOne working just fine. The configuration wasn't as intuitive as you might expect but once I added the IP of my CM to the Dial Plan page life was good. During the process I did make some very good contacts at ClearOne and their support was excellent. I did also find out that they are going to be releasing a new firmware update that will incorporate many more SIP features like conference control and transfer, etc - making the device much more a part of our overall CM implementation.

Did Clearone ever release a newer firmware to enable the Clearone device to initiate an adhoc conference call using CUCM media resources ?  

I am running into this issue where the clearone works fine for placing / receiving calls, but can't invoke any supplementary features such as CUCM adhoc conference calls.

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone had a document on the procedure to get the conference call working through a clearone VH20. From what i'm reading in this forum it is possible but just not sure how to do this

We have 6 Clearone VH 20's and a Cisco Call Manager

Thanks

Hi Mike,

Was there anything specific about how to get ClearOne registered with CUCM? I am asking because we are trying to implement it as well, CUCM can see the device but rejects to register it.

Regards,

Alex.